Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in the UK and wondered if it's legal in the states - When you come to a quick stop all your lights in back flash 4 times (including your orange signal lights). Its a simple plug and play device you plug into your OBD port. With auto breaking it may prevent a rear end accident behind us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nSG15hOGxI

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,675 Posts
I saw this in the UK and wondered if it's legal in the states - When you come to a quick stop all your lights in back flash 4 times (including your orange signal lights). Its a simple plug and play device you plug into your OBD port. With auto breaking it may prevent a rear end accident behind us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nSG15hOGxI
I think the idea is sound... it looks from the video, after installing the device, that the door covering the OBD port may not be able to be closed on the example they showed.

Some dealers install (as an added profit item for them) a CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light) flasher that flashes the third brake light when the brake lights first engage. Various products available on Amazon for $10-$20. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=brake+strobe+module&i=automotive&crid=37JC7PXCJ0UC&sprefix=brake+strobe%2Cautomotive%2C191&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I think the idea is sound... it looks from the video, after installing the device, that the door covering the OBD port may not be able to be closed on the example they showed.

Some dealers install (as an added profit item for them) a CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light) flasher that flashes the third brake light when the brake lights first engage. Various products available on Amazon for $10-$20. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=brake+strobe+module&i=automotive&crid=37JC7PXCJ0UC&sprefix=brake+strobe%2Cautomotive%2C191&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12
Defensive driving parent taught me to do it with my foot. I do quick pumps of the brake when I know I'm turning or coming to a stop soon. It seems to help a lot.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
As long as the lighting is not altered to a different color you will be good. I suggest the 3rd light would do fine I have a led strip wired to my Auto on/off and a led strip 24-7

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, Tapping your break light is best but there might be a time where the emergency brakes kicks in before we are aware of an issue and it would add a few seconds to the guy behind us. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,018 Posts
what if you tap the gas by mistake. because you were busying trying to tap away that the Abs does already. knowing you want to warn others behind. you are best to simply pay attention of the surroundings. I say.

I like did mine to the wiring of hte car so when I said the auto on/off come about but oh no I tapped my wiring you don't want that? Lol..

·
Super Moderator
5,018 Posts
Yep waiting to see what the answer is I kind of know what will happen... not a safe thing if asked.

·
Registered
962 Posts
...what if you tap the gas by mistake. because you were busying trying to tap...
What if you poop your pants in a panic situation because you are incapable of KNOWING where your right foot is (it's easy to find - it's on the passenger side of your left foot)?

"Is it on the Brake? Is it on the E-10 pedal? I scared!"

At least your car seat would be soft and warm, I guess...

There are car DRIVERS and folks that drive cars.

You, I fear, fall into the latter category.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,675 Posts
What if you poop your pants in a panic situation because you are incapable of KNOWING where your right foot is (it's easy to find - it's on the passenger side of your left foot)?

"Is it on the Brake? Is it on the E-10 pedal? I scared!"

At least your car seat would be soft and warm, I guess...

There are car DRIVERS and folks that drive cars.

You, I fear, fall into the latter category.
Oh my! This is hilarious! Thank you for giving me a good laugh this afternoon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts