Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 EX with 57,000 miles, just had "Emissions System Problem" show up on screen. Auto Zone came up with P219D code, "Cylinder 2 Air-Fuel Ration Imbalance". I've seen a couple of threads discussing emissions system warning, but not with P219D code. Anybody have any experience with this? Fuel injectors?
Car seems to be running nice and smooth, no lack of power. Guess I need to head to dealer, but not before I call and see what they will charge to diagnose since there are a couple of local dealers I use.

·
Registered
263 Posts
2017 EX with 57,000 miles, just had "Emissions System Problem" show up on screen. Auto Zone came up with P219D code, "Cylinder 2 Air-Fuel Ration Imbalance". I've seen a couple of threads discussing emissions system warning, but not with P219D code. Anybody have any experience with this? Fuel injectors?
Car seems to be running nice and smooth, no lack of power. Guess I need to head to dealer, but not before I call and see what they will charge to diagnose since there are a couple of local dealers I use.
Call your dealer.
You are within the 6yr unlimited mileage powertrain warranty. They won't charge you. If they do, tell them you have a 6yr powertrain warranty and go with the letter honda sent you due to oil-dilution problems.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ah, yes. Forgot about the extension. Hopefully nothing they will call normal wear and tear.
The warranty extension due to OD only covers certain engine components such as camshafts, rocker arm assemblies and spark plugs that have been damaged. It does not cover everything in the original 5 year powertrain warranty. TSB 19-037 has the details:

Your issue might be covered under the emissions warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just grabbed the letter from my file and read the same thing. I also bought an extended Honda warranty at a good price due to my fear of the massive amount of tech in this vehicle. I'd be real happy if that covers this, Will find out soon enough.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
Just grabbed the letter from my file and read the same thing. I also bought an extended Honda warranty at a good price due to my fear of the massive amount of tech in this vehicle. I'd be real happy if that covers this, Will find out soon enough.
If it was a HondaCare warranty sourced by Honda... you should be good. About the only things it does not cover are any items considered "wear items", and does not cover interior plastic parts and knobs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer found bad injector in cylinder 2. Replaced all four and pipes under Honda Care extended warranty. They test drove it, but a mile after I drove away the emissions problem message came up again. Had to leave it and take a loaner. So they adjusted all valves and did a "crank relearn", test drove 30 miles. Everything is good now after 25 miles driving home.
Hope that's the end of the story. Don't like that it took 57,000 miles for a defect to rear its head. Still a fan of this vehicle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dealer found bad injector in cylinder 2. Replaced all four and pipes under Honda Care extended warranty. They test drove it, but a mile after I drove away the emissions problem message came up again. Had to leave it and take a loaner. So they adjusted all valves and did a "crank relearn", test drove 30 miles. Everything is good now after 25 miles driving home.
Hope that's the end of the story. Don't like that it took 57,000 miles for a defect to rear its head. Still a fan of this vehicle.
Glad you posted about this. I’ve got 63k on a 2017 Touring and just started getting same error code. However, a couple of weeks ago I had the Vegas CRV episode where every light and error message came on. Wonder if related?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts