Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am from NZ and own RHD CRV without sensing. Recently working under the passenger side dash and noticed a few empty socket without connections.
First pic is from the door side attached on the firewall (blue and green)
Second pic is from the centre console side (actual position of the socket is facing up)

Does anyone know what are these for? Which module it is intentionally for?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
It's not unusual for manufacturers to have just one wiring loom regardless of trim level and market being sold into.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Actually they have different wiring harness per trim.

I think that blue one is used for accessories.. Lighted trim sill I think. No idea about the green one

Yea pretty sure blue is the illuminated sills
Green could be harness for a folding mirror, side view camera or something else in a market that offers it (or even something for the mid cycle refresh)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Actually they have different wiring harness per trim.

I think that blue one is used for accessories.. Lighted trim sill I think. No idea about the green one
Not actually per trim. Base models often have their own harness, often one step above is the same then the higher tear models share their own but matching harness. Every car out there unless the fully loaded option always has extra connectors hidden away for the extra options not included.

Pretty much every major brand does it this way because of the costs, the few extra wires are far better than having to constantly change tooling back and forth for production runs from making the hardness to installing it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
603 Posts
For example, I have an exl and compared with the touring: It does not have the harness for the lighted door handles, the sensor for the rain sensing wipers, and the entire speaker harness is different. The harness for the tuner is on the other side of the car too

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
As I explained, between some trims they are different. Touring it is possible that it has it's own harness (but the vast differences you speak of sound very much like different production locations/different model years than trim levels).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts