Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer performed "Engine Coolant flush" at 100,000 Km (Canadian CR-V).
How often does "Engine Coolant flush" need to be done for CR-V 2010 2wd?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Honda does not recommend a"Flush" ever.

Dealer performed "Engine Coolant flush" at 100,000 Km (Canadian CR-V). How often does "Engine Coolant flush" need to be done for CR-V 2010 2wd?
"Replace Engine Coolant" is Maintenance Minder item number 5. In Honda speak, that means a drain and fill. And demands use of Honda brand coolant only. The 2010 Owners Manual is otherwise silent.

Someone's rule of thumb, not sure who's, is to drain and fill the first time after 5 years since it is with factory fill of all new fluid, and every 4 years after that since it is not totally replaced with the drain and fill. No mention of mileage.

Similar to the requirement to replace brake every 3 years regardless of mileage. And no mention of power steering fluid.

My dealer in Towson,. MD, offers a price break for replacing brake fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant at the same time so I have all done every three years. I sleep better that way. Good luck,

·
Registered
75 Posts
Numerous Honda mechanics at the forums I've been on have reported that OEM Honda Type 2 coolant does not need to be replaced before the 100,000 mile interval specified in the service manual. 100,000 km seems early, if anything. However, it can't hurt to change it early, so it's no big deal that they changed it at 100,000 km.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts