Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I believe the recommended interval is 3 years. Check your owner's manual to be sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.Kloker but in the manual nothing comes out about it.
I had a Camry until change for this CRV and in the Camry's manual said change the first time al 100K and then every 60K and my question is because last time, the dealer's service told me is necessary to change it every 30K

·
Everything in Moderation
7,742 Posts
On older Hondas (such as our pre-Maintenance Minder '06) the interval was 100K/10 years, and every 5 years/50K after that (because you don't get all the old coolant out with a drain & fill)

30K is too soon...the blue Honda Type II coolant seems to be very good at preventing the crusty buildup I would see on cars using green coolant.

I think that the orange Toyota coolant is similar to Honda's...at least, Zerex has an 'Asian Formula' coolant for both brands. (I always use the OEM Honda stuff, though)

Don't forget, originally Honda's MM only alerted on mileage, not time. Not sure about the Gen5s (since they will alert oil changes yearly).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On older Hondas (such as our pre-Maintenance Minder '06) the interval was 100K/10 years, and every 5 years/50K after that (because you don't get all the old coolant out with a drain & fill)

30K is too soon...the blue Honda Type II coolant seems to be very good at preventing the crusty buildup I would see on cars using green coolant.

I think that the orange Toyota coolant is similar to Honda's...at least, Zerex has an 'Asian Formula' coolant for both brands. (I always use the OEM Honda stuff, though)

Don't forget, originally Honda's MM only alerted on mileage, not time. Not sure about the Gen5s (since they will alert oil changes yearly).
Thanks all. I found My CRV Honda 2018 came with Honda Genuine Longlife Blue Antifreeze/Coolant is the only coolant designed specifically for Honda vehicles. Its pre-mixed formulation is so advanced, no coolant service is required for up to 10 years or 120,000 miles. Use Honda Genuine Longlife Blue Antifreeze/Coolant for optimum long-term engine performance. "

·
Everything in Moderation
7,742 Posts
Name your source (to help others in the future).

Still, the unanswered question is: does the Gen5 Maintenance Minder alert owners to items BESIDES OIL CHANGES based on TIME as well as MILEAGE?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Blue food color is good for 10 years/120K miles?......really?......and yes, source please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2014 Honda CRV and earlier this year took my vehicle into a Honda dealer for service. The car had about 35k miles at this time, and I inquired about changing the engine coolant. The service advisor indicated I did not need to change the coolant until 100k miles (or 10 years), whichever came first. So I decided to wait on this service (but ended up doing an oil/filter change and change the brake fluid at that time as recommended by the service advisor). One other note: my vehicle has a Honda sticker under the hood that states the coolant interval requirement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts