Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone tried to install an Engine Cover on your Gen 3 CRV?
If so, have you noticed any noise level reduction (e.g. cabin noise level, engine noise, etc)? Is it mainly for cosmetic purpose to install such an engine cover, or would it actually add some value for resale, or make the car runs more quiet, etc.? Thanks

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Not sure where you are, but in the US the 07, '08, and '09 come with them. I think it became optional but not stock either in 2010 or '11. It is mostly cosmetic, but does make the engine look much nicer IMO. Mine came with one. I suppose it might make a minute difference in noise, but no, no difference in engine temp. I say if you want one, go for it, it will only hurt for a minute (when you pay for it). I like mine, and would add it if it was not already there, it does make appearance much nicer under the hood. I equate this to fog lights. Over the generations many did not come with fog lights (like mine) and they were option-only, but other years they are standard. No rhyme or reason to it. I got the kit. I am also adding the body side moldings, and to me Honda should be ashamed to make these optional - they should be standard.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Larry, if YOU pay for his, it won't hurt iheartcrv at all! :sweat:

I don't think anyone would be able to tell a difference in noise level in the cabin, however.
Test it by laying a few heavy blankets over the hood. If it helps, great, spend the cash.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I actually thought that mine was missing on my 2010. Glad to know that it was an 'option' (not sure why) in the 10 and 11's

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I think it only runs about $20-30, but don't forget to get the fasteners too. Couple of nuts and washers and a bolt, I think. They are shown on the same page.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
t definitely makes the engine look much better - there's not a lot of other reason for it, but I like mine, and if id wasn't there I'd get one. IMO it does enhance the look of the engine compartment, makes it easier to make it look clean, and so yeah, increases its value. Without it, to me, it looks obvious something is missing, like somebody got lazy and just didn't put it back on after changing the plugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts