Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to Forum. Have a 2005 CR-V with 236,000 on it. 5 Speed. VSA and triangular warning lights now coming on at each vehicle start in the morning and at night going to/from work. With those lights on, and when running thru the gears, IF the RPM's get to 2700 in any gear, the engine wants to die...have to immediately hit clutch to and keep RPM's below 2700 to allow driving. IF the vehicle is turned off and then turned back on, the VSA and warning lights do not reappear and shifting, even up past 2700, is normal. Oil and other fluids are good/topped off. Wondering IF it's just a bad sensor/switch since VSA and triangular warning lights always do NOT reappear after turning starter key off and on...?? Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same issue. You need to scan for codes. Mine turned out to be the vtec switch solenoid that sits above the oil pressure switch. I can't remember the code but every time it tripped it put engine into the limp home mode that showed the VSA and the other light on the dash.
Very easy fix, remove the vtec module from the back wall of the egine via 3 10mm bolts and replace the switch. I also replace the screen. In the below diagram I replaced parts 13, 16 and 5

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Had the same issue. You need to scan for codes. Mine turned out to be the vtec switch solenoid that sits above the oil pressure switch. I can't remember the code but every time it tripped it put engine into the limp home mode that showed the VSA and the other light on the dash.
Very easy fix, remove the vtec module from the back wall of the egine via 3 10mm bolts and replace the switch. I also replace the screen. In the below diagram I replaced parts 13, 16 and 5
You remember what codes you got?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem with an ‘03. Replaced the vtec solenoid and it only got worse. I had p1259. After a little bit of the light going off by itself driving cylinder 3 lost all compression and blew the head gasket. Be weary of this symptom

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Had the same problem with an ‘03. Replaced the vtec solenoid and it only got worse. I had p1259. After a little bit of the light going off by itself driving cylinder 3 lost all compression and blew the head gasket. Be weary of this symptom
Your issues are not related. P1259 has nothing to do with a blown head gasket.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts