Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engine dying?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave J 
Might be worth a second opinion on the motor noise- might be lucky and its actually something small/cheaper.

Either way 234k is not a bad run, especially with the minimal number of replacement parts you mentioned in the other post. I wish you the best of luck either direction.

We also have a 2018 CR-V 2.4L that we really enjoy. Getting 30 MPG in mixed driving right now - cant complain about that if you think you might be interested in a new CR-V

To answer the question if it is indeed in need of a motor I would list it for private sale - mechanic special and be upfront about whats wrong.

Sounds like much of the vehicle is in amazing shape and a mechanic could either fix the existing motor, of buy a junkyard motor for $750-900 and install it themselves to have a great running vehicle.

The labor is what kills you on something like this, someone who will do it all themselves could get past this for what would be 2 payments on a new car these days and they would find value in your vehicle.

Thanks to all of you! I bought a Subaru but will sell the car as is. A second opinion thought the engine was going as well. Still sad as it’s a good car but nothing lasts forever!
Sorry to hear that but I hope you will enjoy the Subaru. My aunt has a 2016 Forester, my Dad a 2019 and they really enjoy them

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.