Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 crv and I would like to know what kind of engine are compatible with mine to swap out. My 97 is automatic and all wheel drive all the time. I currently have a b20. I would like a Acura engine with more power but I dont know what else I would need to do.
This is when my engine dies. Before that what are some simple upgrades I can do without a turbo. Bigger throttle body, air intake ect. Thank you

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Not much you can do. It's either a B-series engine, or nothing, unless you want to fabricate everything from engine mounts and possibly restructuring parts of the engine bay to get a bigger engine to fit, and fabricating your own bell housing for the transmission so it mates up...or trying to use a different transmission and having to modify everything else to get it to work. And lose all wheel drive in the process. There were some who found a VTEC head that would fit, but it was from a rare Integra engine, expensive, and took some work to get it to function properly with the ECU (I believe it required chipping and someone to tune it). Probably more than what the CR-V is even worth, at this point.

On a '97, I wouldn't even bother. They're past end of life. I'd keep it running and dump it when it's done. My '97 is sitting here rusting away, and I'm deciding on one last wild use for it (where I'll throw some cheap parts on it to get it going), or having the car crusher guys come get this headache out of my life.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
An engine from a 1997 or 1998 CR-V would be a direct swap.
There were some changes for the 1999-2001 CR-V engines that would require different intake pipes and probably a different ECU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts