Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped there 06s engine ? My crv needs a new engine in it and I'm thinking of type r swapping or or putting the 3.7 mdx motor in it . Anyone have any experience or knowledge if that's possible?

·
Registered
2005 SE
1 Posts
I've never seen either of these swaps done before, but I can tell you they would be very expensive to do. The 3.7L is a J series, and assuming you're talking about the Integra Type R engines, those are B series. Your CRV has a K24 in it. You're going to need a new transmission because neither engine will bolt up to the one you've got (and if it did, I don't know how well your stock tranny would work long term with the added power). You're going to need custom mounts to get the engines to sit in the bay, and this might mean rearranging other stuff that's now in the way of the new engine. This is going to be crazy expensive. A common setup with K series is to put the head of a K20 from the Acura RSX onto the block of a CRV's K24, though they're usually putting that build into the RSX and not the CRV. I understand you want more power, but you're going to need to take a hard look at the cost/benefit ratio with this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts