Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post and first time owner of a honda. We just recently bought a used 2016 ex with 35k on it. Could anyone tell me if the some of the engine numbers on the block just left of the exhaust manifold should match some of the numbers in my VIN? I'm a little suspect that this engine may have been changed at one time. Hope is that it hasn't. If someone could be so kind to take a look at there own numbers and see if any match would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,758 Posts
You make me want to run down to me 16 and look. Honda built hundreds of thousands of these engines in a different plant to the one thy build the cars in. So my gut reaction is that there is little to no chance that an engine number will ever have then vin number of the body it's mated to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda what I was thinking to. There must be a way to find this information out. Maybe this information is stored in the vehicle's computer. Not sure. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Call your local Honda dealer. Someone should be able to tell you what ESN your VIN was built with in their system. There is no way to match up ESN to VIN by yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts