Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so the wife's 2006 England built cr-v transmission finally failed at 230,000 its been going for a while but had to be towed home so trying to get a low millage transmission for a good price is impossible now so i got a JDM transmission and was planning on changing the 2 parts that bolt to the valve body called the servo and pressure regulator that makes it different ,the PCM is programmed different for the transmissions, is what I found out from research,2 local transmission shops didn't want to get involved with changing the 2 parts over and it not working ,so what I did after reading wiring diagrams and part numbers over a week I decided that I would get a Japan built 2006 cr-v computer off Ebay and if I can get it to work with the engine I will put the JDM transmission in,I had to do a PCM reset and immobilizer key relearn for it to start and it ran good so put the transmission in and all is good for 300 miles now and feels good ,hope this helps someone in a jam like I was,the VIN in the computer is now wrong so hopefully when it comes time for an emission test they don't fail it ,I know the VIN can be changed without reflash but my scanner wont do the VIN,also I only heard 2 stories of the Japan trans in a UK crv and they were that the transmission will slip in 4th and 5th and reverse,I never put the original PCM back in but I believe the stories ,the bad trans. was a GPPA and the new is a MRJA 5speed not to confuse with the 4speed MRJA
Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Bumper
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Number
Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot
Product Rectangle Blue Font Material property
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Number
Musical instrument Organism Motor vehicle Font Engineering
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Bumper

·
Registered
556 Posts
Good that it worked but I myself would anyone recommended unless you have the time and labor to remain with the tranx for that region V's to prevent more problem then you are trying to fix. One can DIY tranx but one has to remember there are lots of components in these Computer V's and changing one part doesn't mean it will live happily together. This is a word of caution unless your a DIY and person but average daily person should keep with rebuilt or tranx in V's of the region to avoid unnecessary fixes or redos.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I didn't want to open the transmission lots of parts in there ,yes the whole job could have went bad fast but I was confident on the wiring harness this is only for 05 and 06 and the wrong computer could happen too,the computers are re-writable and many numbers were used apparently but the old PCM does say U.K. on it,I might try the U.K. computer in the spring but don't want to mess anything up ,it appears the computer program is different on the solenoids that control pressure
Rectangle Gas Composite material Automotive exterior Metal
Hood Natural environment Font Automotive lighting Terrestrial plant
Gas Font Auto part Rectangle Electric blue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts