Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an European (Estonia) CR-V and have problems getting Android Auto working. The question is if anyone with an EU model have any information about AA and how it might be possible to enable. OR if anyone know that its simply not installed/available in the EU models.

I was recently in Norway and drove an Audi A3. I plugged in my phone (Huawei P10 Plus) into the USB port with the cable that came with the phone. The AA popped up on the cars display and was just working. I went home and did exactly the same in my CR-V but nothing. When I connect the phone to either of the 2 USB ports in the center console, I see that the two right-arrows are shown on the main menu, but when I press them it just shows "Loading". Not matter how long I wait nothing happens.

I have searched around in Settings and Hidden Menus to see if there is anywhere I can enable AA, but so far no luck. Under the Hidden Menu I can find a sub-menu called "Mirror Link" and there are two options: 1) Display Connected Phone Info and 2) Display Application Info. The 1st options shows me that the phone was connected and the Marker name is REALVNC and Model name is REALVNC MirrorLink Server. The 2nd option is grayed out and cannot be opened/pressed.

I am running the latest Android version 8, and have installed all updates available and I have installed the latest version of Android Auto. Also the phone is connected to Bluetooth and is working just fine with Spotify, and when running AA on the phone even "OK Google" works.

It should be mentioned and after updating to the latest version of Android, the phone opens a Mirrorlink dialog when connected to the USB. Here I need to click "Agree" and it then shows a scree saying its connected via MirrorLink, but it then blocks the phone and it is not possible to do anything on the phone until I pull out the USB cable.

I have been in contact with the dealer, but they have no idea and no information if its even enabled/installed on the car. They recommended me to use another app, but that only gives me Spotify which is already working fine just using Bluetooth.

There are a lot of differences between the models sold in the US, Europe and Asia, and the sad thing is that a lot of it is purely software related. I get it that if something need a special sensor, it isn't available, but when its simply a matter of software it is really stupid. There are a number of features which is available in e.g. the US model, but a nowhere to be found in EU. Simple things like "turn-by-turn" in the I-MID, Split-Screen when using Navigation and getting a call just to mention a few.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, because in Estonia the new 5th generation CRV not available yet.

In 4th generation (you are owning I suppose) CRV "Android Auto" is not available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts