Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed any of the Euro/Asian market options? I’m interested in a few, such as:
1. Active Cornering Headlamps
2. Power folding mirrors
3. Headlamp washers
4. Heads up display (HUD)
5. Adjustable tilt front seat headrests (button on side to tilt)
6. Wood trim by cup holders
7. Glove box light
8. One touch for rear windows
9. Exterior mirror tilt in reverse
10. Windshield wiper de-icers.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Your biggest obstacle is that most of those require wiring harness connections, and unlike a lot of manufacturers, Honda apparently does not stick with just a few harnesses, and leave plugs empty for uninstalled options. The harness in your car is the exact harness you need for your vehicle.

But hey, if we have a wishlist:

• Memory mirrors
  • Cargo area power plug
  • LED fogs

·
Registered
210 Posts
Your biggest obstacle is that most of those require wiring harness connections, and unlike a lot of manufacturers, Honda apparently does not stick with just a few harnesses, and leave plugs empty for uninstalled options. The harness in your car is the exact harness you need for your vehicle.

But hey, if we have a wishlist:

• Memory mirrors
  • Cargo area power plug
  • LED fogs
I've also installed led fogs and the cargo area has a plug for me.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,679 Posts
From what I have read on the 19 RDX forum, the HUD on the RDX Advance model needs a specific windshield to work....so I doubt retrofitting an HUD system from "overseas" would work without replacing the windshield. This is not verified, and only one of many potential hitches in this plan..

·
Registered
29 Posts
From what I have read on the 19 RDX forum, the HUD on the RDX Advance model needs a specific windshield to work....so I doubt retrofitting an HUD system from "overseas" would work without replacing the windshield. This is not verified, and only one of many potential hitches in this plan..
You are correct about the windshield but the CR-V's HUD is a piece of plexiglass rising up out of the dash. It's not the kind that projects the image to the windshield.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Memory mirrors would be great, it's strange to adjust the seat but not the mirrors.

LED fogs should have come on the Touring at the very least, to match the headlights. Anybody have a reputable source for the real LED replacements?

I got the 'wood' trim for my cupholder area off Amazon and for $13 it's just fine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Acouto 5.5" HUD Car Head Up Display OBD II Auto Windshied Reflective,Speed Fatigue Warning,Mileage Measurement,Low Voltage/High Temperature Alarm,Multiple-color Bright https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H9484J8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_aximDbRXQXQFQ

That's what I use, just put it on the dash in front of you. Just reflects off the windshield, not a perfect system by any means, but still cool, especially at night.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Acouto 5.5" HUD Car Head Up Display OBD II Auto Windshied Reflective,Speed Fatigue Warning,Mileage Measurement,Low Voltage/High Temperature Alarm,Multiple-color Bright https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H9484J8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_aximDbRXQXQFQ

That's what I use, just put it on the dash in front of you. Just reflects off the windshield, not a perfect system by any means, but still cool, especially at night.
Could take a pic and post it here?
How bright it is especially at night?

Thanks

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Active cornering headlights are incredibly nice to have - unfortunately one suspects it would be cost prohibitive to try to retrofit....

·
Registered
101 Posts
HUD would be nice. I'd also like that flat "gear" selector in place of the shifter lever. Not sure if that is even possible, especially if the current lever is cable operated to somewhere else in the vehicle.

I had the "exterior mirror tilt in reverse" in my previous Enclave. More annoying than anything else. 1/2 the time, I wanted it to tilt. The other 1/2 of the time, I didn't want it to tilt. Quite the PITA to go into the settings to change it before backing up. I usually just left it on the "normal" setting.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Active cornering headlights are incredibly nice to have - unfortunately one suspects it would be cost prohibitive to try to retrofit....
This can be done relatively easy: hook up a delay relay up to the turn signal and as long as the turn signal is on the cornering light is also on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts