Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 crv with code P1457. I replaced the charcoal canister and code still comes back. I did a smoke test and can’t find any smoke leaking. I sprayed the lines around the canister with water and dish soap and can’t find any leaks. Does anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you replace with new? Did you replace any of the other components on canister such as the valves? I had that code on 04 crv. There was tbs about it. Mine had some evap stuff fixed according to dealer. It came back yrs later and it was a evap canister purge valve on canister itself. It was hard to find smoke didn't find. I only found it after taking canister off and bench testing canister and saw bubbles using soapy water method. The valve leaks around the edges of housing area. I dont know tsb info and the first repair that worked dealer did. Let me know and I can look at paperwork on tbs for 1457 and let you know. That code was a f#@$er. Maybe try a vacuum guage??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally figured it out. When I changed the canister it was all new. Honda has a service bulletin for this problem and it turned out that it was the fuel vent module. Had to buy the fuel vent module kit from Honda because the new one is different than the old one due to the problems with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep exactly what was done on my crv
Glad your up and running. I am not my crv has a fee gremlins I am working out. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts