Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have intermittently had the shudder within the first 10 seconds of starting (normally in reverse, but sometimes in drive or park). It has become less frequent the longer I have owned the car, and most of the occurrences have been mild. Until today when I had a rather significant shudder.

This is leading me to invoke TSB 18-072 at the dealer before HondaCare expires (along with a fix for the VTC actuator clammor at startup). However, I am waiting for my Maintenance Minder to hit 15% (it is at 20% right now) so I can do everything in one visit, and I am afraid the dealer won't be able to find the incident in the onboard computer by the time I get it into the shop. Anyone know how long those logs stay in the computer?

·
Registered
491 Posts
TSB 18-072 says an engine stall must happen under specific conditions for the TSB to apply. When the stall occurs a PGM-FI snapshot is captured. There is no indication in the TSB that there is a time limit for the dealer to retrieve the file.
You had a shudder, so there would be no snapshot. It appears your condition is worsening, so I suggestion you reverse the vehicle whenever possible after a cold start until a stall occurs. Then take it to the dealer to look at the snapshot.
I assume you have a '15 or '16 model. The warranty is 5 yr, 60,000 mi so you have limited time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's only stalled once since I've owned the vehicle (way before the TSB was released, years ago). Otherwise it's always just a dip in RPM followed by a very sensitive accelerator that revs the engine higher than usual immediately after the shudder. Guess I'll report the issue again to register it before the warranty expires in hope of a goodwill repair later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts