Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone tried stealing my car, they seemed to have used a heat gun to try and get the ignition cylinder out but what they did was burned and melted the entire immobilizer unit receiver antenna and gutted my ignition cylinder. So I replaced the entire combination unit with one I bought online and now when I try to start the car the security key green light on the dash that supposed to flash and then turn off doesn't come on at all, and the car will make the cranking noise as if it wants to start but wont start I don't know what to do now please help me I heard of something called a brake code it's nowhere and my owner's manual the only thing I have is a radio code can somebody please please help me??!!?!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And please no basic answers, such as going to a Honda dealer, they already raped me with the price I paid for it, so they are not an option. I am unemployed at the moment so i am willing to continue working on it myself. If it's not humanly possible, then please let's try using the cheapest way possible to get my car running again. I know I'm asking for a miracle, but I never experienced one and im praying it's my turn to have something good happen to me. Please?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,640 Posts
I don't know anyone other than a Honda dealer who can 'pair' an immobilizer transponder to your key. Maybe a locksmith?

If a Honda dealer sold you the unit and won't match your keys to it, then the parts you bought are no good to you or anyone else...Perhaps a call to Honda Customer Service would tell you how to proceed.

Don't be offended if they ask you to prove you own the car. The immobilizers are there to prevent theft.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i did, the metal ignition piece, which holds the switch the cylinder the immobilizer unit and receiver antenna for unit. Old one was destroyed and useless. So yes I did that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need a brake code from anyone who has access

Someone tried stealing my car, they seemed to have used a heat gun to try and get the ignition cylinder out but what they did was burned and melted the entire immobilizer unit receiver antenna and gutted my ignition cylinder. So I replaced the entire combination unit with one I bought online and now when I try to start the car the security key green light on the dash that supposed to flash and then turn off doesn't come on at all, and the car will make the cranking noise as if it wants to start but wont start I don't know what to do now please help me I heard of something called a brake code it's nowhere and my owner's manual the only thing I have is a radio code can somebody please please help me??!!?!

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
You won't find a brake code online or in your manual.

Only the dealer can access it.

Even with the brake code it can only be used a few times to start the vehicle.

You need to take it to the dealer and have the immobilizer reprogrammed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell me somethings I don't already know. I can bet money there is someone on this site that works at the dealership and can access the interactive network for honda. I need a miracle here people... I've drained my pockets and utilized any extra resources I had left plus went beyond the allows time.. Its caused other problems for me now so getting a tow truck and paying any more money is not an option. If you want proof of ownership or my VIN I will provide it.... But the brake code will allow me to at least drive to an old friends shop that I believe has the programming tool I need.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,640 Posts
I merged the two Topics.

Good Luck Leesababy.
Your best bet IMO is to bite the bullet and have the programming done at a dealer, even if you need to flatbed the vehicle there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts