Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today is the first time I've ridden as a passenger in my EX. I noticed that the return spring on the recliner of the passenger seat is extremely weak. I literally have to grab the back of the seat and pull it forward to have it return to the upright position.

Can someone test theirs to see if it is also weak? I want to confirm it is an issue with my vehicle and not a model deficiency before I bring it in for a warranty repair.

Thanks,
Fitz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
227 Posts
Were you sitting in the seat while trying to adjust the back of the seat? If so then please try again while standing outside the vehicle. If it springs forward when you pull the lever whilst outside the vehicle then your vehicle is fine.
Ive experienced what you are describing in all my hondas and most vehicles I've driven. The reason for the reluctance of the seat back to spring forward while i was in the seat is my rear end being in the way.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you sitting in the seat while trying to adjust the back of the seat? If so then please try again while standing outside the vehicle. If it springs forward when you pull the lever whilst outside the vehicle then your vehicle is fine.
Ive experienced what you are describing in all my hondas and most vehicles I've driven. The reason for the reluctance of the seat back to spring forward while i was in the seat is my rear end being in the way.
I've tested outside the vehicle. It will return about 3 inches slow. I think I have a defective spring.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For anybody curious, problem solved. It took me 3 days to figure out that the weight of 3 water bottles in the storage flap in the back of the seat was too much weight for the springs to lift.
I feel a little like a numb nut for not realizing it right off.

·
Registered
227 Posts
lol no worries, glad your seat is ok. Dont feel bad, I once used the led flash light at the back of my cell phone while trying to look for my lost cell phone in a dark room. Yes the same cell phone!
Cheers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
lol no worries, glad your seat is ok. Dont feel bad, I once used the led flash light at the back of my cell phone while trying to look for my lost cell phone in a dark room. Yes the same cell phone!
Cheers.
ROFL!!! :D It takes a mighty big and confident person to admit to a mistake like that! Even though we all have theses moments on occasion, not many of us will admit to them, especially publicly!

Thanks for a good hard laugh today! I really enjoyed it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts