Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

EX Interior Door Panel/Handle

9K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  williamsji 
#1 ·
Has anyone else who has an EX experienced horrible fading on the fabric where you grabbed the door to close it? If so, are you just living with it, or have you asked Honda to replace it? Mines a 2019 with only 11k on it. This early I'd hate to see it in 5 years.
Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Luxury vehicle

See less See more
#4 ·
I too have a '19 EX with black interior and to a lesser degree, I've got fading there and on the center console cushion. I gently clean those surfaces on mine.

I discovered quickly that the ammonia in hand sanitizer increases the fading and the lotion part increases the overall dirtiness. No hand sanitizer allowed in my V!

#12 ·
I agree with others here.. the culprit is likely hand sanitizer. Could also just be hand cream or even just sweaty hands. Or... more likely a combination of all three.

Yeah.. you are going to draw a goose egg with Honda on this under the factory warranty. Reason: you will have a difficult time convincing Honda that this is a manufacturing defect.. which is the only thing they would cover in this regard.

This New Vehicle Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
• Normal wear or deterioration of any part.
• Cleaning and polishing.
• The adding of any fluids, unless they are needed as part of a warranty repair.
• Broken, chipped, or scratched window glass unless it is due to a defect in material or workmanship.
Any item concerning your vehicle’s general appearance that is not due to a defect in material or workmanship. Cosmetic flaws or minor damage to the body, paint, or other items may occur during manufacture or shipping of your vehicle. If you find any uncorrected flaws or damage on your new vehicle, notify the dealer as soon as possible after delivery.
• Expendable maintenance items (such as filters, or brake pads/ linings) when replaced due to normal wear or customer abuse.
Source: https://owners.honda.com/Documentum...Basebook_AWL07531_Petrol_Hybrid_PHEV__SIS.pdf

#19 ·
for those with cloth interior, you can order the oem Honda leather center console top and not have to worry about it. The door handles are a different story. All the plastic in the interior and why they chose to use cloth there is a mystery to those with any common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.