Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow CR-V Owners,
recently purchased a 2018 CR-V EX-L AWD w/o nav few weeks back here in the Raleigh, NC area.
In my pre-purchase research on the Honda site, I saw that the EX-L model is listed as having "Memory-Linked Side Mirrors with Reverse Gear Tilt-Down". However, I'm unable to get the mirrors to memory-link or tilt.

Have any of you experience this same problem - does your EX-L (US model) work as advertised.

I suspect the problem here is the web site (vs the car), which still lists this feature.
It is shown under the Model & Specs section of the Honda US web site - press the SEE MORE link under the EX-L model.

I'm less interested in the memory-link feature but really wanted the reverse gear tilt-down.
Anyhow else have experience or advice on how best to negotiate w/Honda on such a situation?
I've not approached the dealer nor Honda corporate just yet.

thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's a feature on the Pilot. Not on the CR-V.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,433 Posts
I would start with the Owners Manual to see what it says about those features/functions.

:)
Don't forget, you need to download the complete Owners Manual from the Honda Owners link (700+ pages!). Request a hard copy within 6 months if you want one of those, for free...

That said, it wouldn't be the first time the website is wrong.

Do your research, ask the dealer and Honda Corporate if needed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They advertise the side mirrors are memory linked, it's right on their website now. Doesn't work in a 2018 touring I tested.

False advertising?

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,760 Posts
They advertise the side mirrors are memory linked, it's right on their website now. Doesn't work in a 2018 touring I tested.

False advertising?
That feature is available in some countries but not in the US, check the website and see if it's not intended for a market outside the US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there anything we can do about this? Ie. complain enough to Honda somewhere? This is probably just a software update they could put out to enable the memory side mirrors as the US website says it should have.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Yeah, probably a bug on the website. Check the Monroney sticker; if it lists them too, you can complain to corporate and they might give you a Honda Gift card if you annoy them enough.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,760 Posts
Is there anything we can do about this? Ie. complain enough to Honda somewhere? This is probably just a software update they could put out to enable the memory side mirrors as the US website says it should have.
What does the sticker on the window listing the features of the vehicle you purchased state about the the side mirrors? If it doesn't say it has memory features then there is little you can do but complain to Honda about the inaccuracies of their website. If you look at the bottom of their website page you will find a link "term and conditions". If you read the terms / conditions you will see that they cover themselves in that they try to insure the accuracy of the site but do not guaranteed the accuracy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 EX-L, and my side mirrors are NOT memory linked. I am in the US. It is very annoying. Shouldn't it be a easy software upgrade to enable this? I read in the owner's guide that it is suppose to have memory linked mirrors.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a 2018 EX-L, and my side mirrors are NOT memory linked. I am in the US. It is very annoying. Shouldn't it be a easy software upgrade to enable this? I read in the owner's guide that it is suppose to have memory linked mirrors.
The owner's guide is a bit confusing. If you look at the section in which the owner's guide mentions "Driving Position Memory System, you will see an "*", which is defined at the bottom of the page as "if equipped"
While your vehicle does have a driving position memory system, it is only for driver's seat. The Honda USA website does define what features are in each trim level.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
It's not an "easy software upgrade"; it requires specific motors to work. (And possibly a different wiring harness.)
The motors need feed back circuits to tell where they are. This option is used in some other countries on upscale models. In those markets power folding mirrors are installed likely due to tight parking spaces. If you have self retracting mirrors you have feed-back sensors that can tell where the mirror is and can then move it were you want. These countries don't have Acura's and offer more upscale (and expensive) CR-V models.

US models don't do this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts