Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 EX-L, and looks like the EX-L model has a lot of space in between the front seats. EX-Lmodel does not have a collapsible tray (like LX, EX) nor does it have a storage box cum hand rest like I am used to in my other cars. That space is just not utilized and lies there, just empty.
Do you guys know of any third party storage box or something which goes elegantly with the black leather seats? which could be used as a storage box as well. I'd appreciate the help.

PS: the hand rest is kind of narrow too, and I find my hand falling off of the hand rest(away from me) most of the time. I read somewhere that it was built for the Japanese, and hence narrow. But I'm just 65 pounds, and 5'5'' :( . Oh well.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-V EXL
150 Posts
Hi, Wife and I also have an '11 EX-L. I am having a hard time understanding your question. I don't know what you mean by "a hand rest". There is a fold down arm rest near the center consul for both the driver and passenger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I meant to say arm rest, but used the word hand rest.
But my question was about any known storage box which could be used in the space between the 2 front seats.

Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi,

I meant to say arm rest, but used the word hand rest.
But my question was about any known storage box which could be used in the space between the 2 front seats.

Thanks for replying.
I don't have time to look now, but I believe one can buy a wider arm rest!

Sorry don't know about a storage box, thats where the wife puts her purse!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking of the same question. It sucks if you're a man. But If you're a woman, it's perfect for their purse like flames9 said. But I wish there was something around there to maybe put a cell phone and a wallet. I'm not a fan of the storage space near the floor. Too low. I just find it strange that almost everyone has a cell phone but there's still not a spot for it. Honda salesman told me a woman designed their cars so maybe it's meant for a purse:(

·
Registered
406 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking of the same question. It sucks if you're a man. But If you're a woman, it's perfect for their purse like flames9 said. But I wish there was something around there to maybe put a cell phone and a wallet. I'm not a fan of the storage space near the floor. Too low. I just find it strange that almost everyone has a cell phone but there's still not a spot for it. Honda salesman told me a woman designed their cars so maybe it's meant for a purse:(
There's a hole right in the front on the dash under the radio :)perfect for a cell phone. I keep my calculator in there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yea, theres nothing directly under the radio and yes I have the EX-L. The only other pocket for storage is allllll the way down near the floor directly under the radio which I think is not convenient for a phone so I just leave it in my pocket lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts