Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. I'm a big guy (6'1" and 300+#) and I carry. My previous vehicle ('10 Buick Enclave) had a setting which would move the seat all the way down and back when I shut off the car. I know the CR-V doesn't have that feature. I was hoping there was a way to use the (2) memory settings, (1) for the driving position and the other for fully back and down, making it easier to enter/exit. I tried setting memory position 2 but it doesn't seem to work unless I have the #2 key fob with me. (I'm NOT carrying around both key fobs.)

Does anyone have any suggestions so that I can use both seat memory settings w/1 key fob?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What I do is whatever key fob I use on a daily basis either #1 or #2 it doesn't make a difference, I set the seat as you described all the way down and back and I save that as #1 in the memory then I set my driving position as #2 in the memory, and when I get out of the car I press memory #1 on the door panel and exit, and when I get in the car the seat is now where you want it to be, and if someone else uses it, when you enter with your key fob the seats set to your #1 position all the way back and down. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You’d have to save the exit as memory 2 and press everytime u exited.
then sit there while it did it...

Which sounds like the ultimate in laziness
First, I tried that but every time I got up to the car, it automatically set the seat for my driving position. Second (and more importantly), do you seriously think the need/desire for the seat to be all the way down and back is laziness? If that's the case, most people who buy a luxury vehicle (car, truck, SUV, etc) must be lazy as that's usually one of the features in just about all luxury vehicles. As I said, I'm a big guy and I carry so everything gets in the way since I tend to sit pretty close to the steering wheel when I'm driving.

I asked a simple question. You had to respond by being a troll. Go away, dude. Let the adults answer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I do is whatever key fob I use on a daily basis either #1 or #2 it doesn't make a difference, I set the seat as you described all the way down and back and I save that as #1 in the memory then I set my driving position as #2 in the memory, and when I get out of the car I press memory #1 on the door panel and exit, and when I get in the car the seat is now where you want it to be, and if someone else uses it, when you enter with your key fob the seats set to your #1 position all the way back and down. Hope this helps.
I was thinking I had already tried this but I tried it the opposite way. (Setting 1 as the driving position and setting 2 as the "down and back" position.) If I set these up the way you're suggesting, that might very well work as the car will adjust to setting 1 (what it thinks is the driving position) when I get near it. As long as it will hold setting 2 once I'm in the car, it should be fine. Good thinking. I'll try that tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was thinking I had already tried this but I tried it the opposite way. (Setting 1 as the driving position and setting 2 as the "down and back" position.) If I set these up the way you're suggesting, that might very well work as the car will adjust to setting 1 (what it thinks is the driving position) when I get near it. As long as it will hold setting 2 once I'm in the car, it should be fine. Good thinking. I'll try that tomorrow. :)
It doesn't matter which memory position you use just matters that your fob which will be numbered #1 or #2 is set for the exit entry position and after you are in the car you push the memory button that corresponds to driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use the #1 fob for daily use and when I open the door it will set the seat to the exit/entrance position once in the car I push the memory button #2 and I get my driving position so when I get out of the car I push button #1 and exit the car this a lot easier and quicker than holding two seat buttons at once to lower and slide the seat back, and it sure as hell not about laziness, also I do not think the seat moves until you unlock or open the door.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
Correct-disable memory position in Vehicle/Driving Position Setup/Memory Position Link then just hit one button to exit, get back in, hit the other position to drive.
That sounds like a reasonable workaround to the default functionality in a gen5 CRV.

By the way.. Honda probably does not do this in CRVs because it is not nearly as difficult to get in and out of an SUV.. even if you are tall. Whereas.. on the new generation Accords with power seats...... the seat automatically moves all the way back when you open the door.. which makes it much easier to climb in and out of the low seating in the Accord.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts