Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up a 2013 certified CRV from our local honda dealership. All in all we love it. There was a couple of scuffs on the car when we inspected it, and we were told they'd be repaired before pickup.

They didn't do as good as a job as I'd have hoped on the repair, but we still went through with the deal. I was wondering what your expectations would be... They just slabbed on a near match color for touchup paint. Seemed to me that a buff job, or a better match on paint color might have been a better choice. The salesman made it seem like my expectations were too high "it is a used car, you have to expect some wear and tear." I was not exceptionally pleased with this.

I'll post photos shortly, but I'm curious as to what your thoughts are... I don't see any wording as to what the certified portion should cover regarding paint condition/scratches/etc.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Honestly, you bought I used car so I'm going to have to agree with the salesman.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a minor scuff on one of the rear wheels of my certified pre owned crv and asked that they fixed it upon purchase. They did. No big deal. A week later I noticed that the scratch was back. I'm not even going to worry about it. I feel like it can be fixed cheaply if it really bothers me. But all in all its stuff like that that I use to my advantage when negotiating the price, if anything. The car wil probably develop more over time and it's a good idea to buy some touch up paint to keep it looking good over the long term.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sorry, the Salesman SOLD you the car, that's his job. Being realistic, he said they would REPAIR, maybe you should have questioned it in detail, but like other have already said, you bought a USED vehicle. Good luck.
David g.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts