Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchased a Honda CPO 2013 CRV on 12/28/2015 with less than 39K miles on the odo. The vehicle came with a 7/100K powertrain warranty and 12/12K Honda warranty. I'm shopping for further coverage. Dealer quoted me 1900 for 7/100K(100 deductible) which I declined for now. Dealer has offered to honor quoted price for another 48 hours or 200 miles. I'm unclear on whether Honda Care can be bought for CPO's. I have asked Hyannis and Saccuci for quotes. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,729 Posts
You would be gambling that the car will have a problem. The Extended Care provider is gambling that you won't.

Think about it: you are paying a premium for CPO certification and want MORE coverage? Why not put $2000 in the bank "just in case". Not worth it at all, in IMO.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Think about it: you are paying a premium for CPO certification and want MORE coverage? Why not put $2000 in the bank "just in case". Not worth it at all, in IMO.
Agreed. IMO it would be a different scenario if you were considering the warranty on a non CPO vehicle where the price difference would be applied to the warranty cost. I got the Honda Care on my new Pilot mostly for all the electronics because Honda mechanicals are pretty much bulletproof, and for me the carputer/cameras etc are more of an unknown. I guess the warranty cost goes up as the vehicle ages because I paid less than that for longer coverage on our Pilot. But I think in your case money on the side is a better investment, odds are it will still be there by 100k which is when problems are more likely to start anyway.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Extended warranties are a waste of money. Just put the money in the bank "in case" you actually need it. Most of the time you won't and basically gave the dealership your money for free.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts