Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought 2020 Honda CR-V Ex-L model last month. I also took the Extended warranty from the dealership.
Now I am having second thoughts on the extended warranty. Is it required right now or could I have taken it after the manufactures warranty runs out?
Extended warranty is for 72 months/80,000 miles and I paid $1750. Deductible is $100.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
496 Posts
You overpaid, you can buy hondacare from a few online retailers.

if you already purchased you need to cancel and honda will prorate you the $ back.

then just initiate it with collegehillshonda ,saccuci or hyannis honda

Also most people dont know but on a new car you have accidental breakdown ins.

call your ins and find out if you do, its very similar to extended warranty and only offered to new cars under certain mileage. If you decline it , it will offset your hondacare

MAKE SURE YOU CALL THEM BEFORE CANCELLING TO SEE IF THERES BETTER OPTIONS OR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES BECAUSE YOUT VIN IS IN THE SYSTEM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You overpaid, you can buy hondacare from a few online retailers.

if you already purchased you need to cancel and honda will prorate you the $ back.

then just initiate it with collegehillshonda ,saccuci or hyannis honda

Also most people dont know but on a new car you have accidental breakdown ins.

call your ins and find out if you do, its very similar to extended warranty and only offered to new cars under certain mileage. If you decline it , it will offset your hondacare

MAKE SURE YOU CALL THEM BEFORE CANCELLING TO SEE IF THERES BETTER OPTIONS OR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES BECAUSE YOUT VIN IS IN THE SYSTEM
Thanks - let me check with my insurance

·
Registered
467 Posts
Honda Care is not a warranty, it is a Service Contract which is honored at any Honda dealer and as already posted, available for less money elsewhere.

If the OP purchased a dealer warranty, the fine print often reveals several oddities, which - if so stipulated in the body of the contract - are not adhered to in minutiae , can void any claims. For example, a common item is that dealer must be able to service and inspect vehicle at certain listed intervals and ONLY at that specific dealer, not just any Honda dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke with Hyannis, they are offering 8/100k plan for $985
This is bumper to bumper coverage and includes all electronics.

Their maintenance package for 4/60k is for $885. Includes oil change , tire rotation, 30k 60k servicing

is this a good deal ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have never purchased an extended warranty for vehicles, appliances etc. It all depends on your risk tolerance I guess. Remember this is an insurance policy where the dealer will come out ahead. Of course there are people who will benefit, but really most problems will occur when under factory warranty or well past the expiry of the factory warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I bought 2020 Honda CR-V Ex-L model last month. I also took the Extended warranty from the dealership.
Now I am having second thoughts on the extended warranty. Is it required right now or could I have taken it after the manufactures warranty runs out?
Extended warranty is for 72 months/80,000 miles and I paid $1750. Deductible is $100.
What do you guys think?
This is a li
Hi,

What do you guys think?
Is there a way to buy the extended warranty in Florida? I was told you can't do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts