Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,909 Posts
I had no idea. Thanks for that info. Great to know.
Thing is.. the the reason HondaCare makes more sense to more owners over time ---> average repair cost of any electronic subsystem or even fairly normal mechanical repairs involving replacement parts ---> north of $1500 a pop. and there are dozens of theses systems in a gen5 CRV, and almost all of them are now field replaceable units (meaning no repairable by a dealer).

Cost of a HondaCare warranty, if you shop the internet --> $1300-1500

The average number of major repairs in the first 5 years for gen5 CRVs --> 1.5 maybe it will happen inside the 3/36 warranty, maybe not.

Some owners like to gamble on this sort of thing, and I would say 10 years ago, where Honda's were concerned.. an extended care policy would unlikely pay for itself over the life of a vehicle. Some owners continue to gamble in this regard.. and then come back to the forum complaining that their injectors on their 2017 CRV have just gone bad and are throwing error codes (we have seen a number of these this year alone in the forum).. and are facing a price of ~$1600 to replace them.

At the end of the day.. only you can decide... for you... because it's your vehicle and your money.

So... are you feeling lucky? How long to you plan to keep your vehicle beyond the 3/36 factory warranty? Can and will you tolerate the pain of say... 3 major repairs in the time you own your vehicle? Do you like the idea of a fixed cost of ownership, or are you OK with whatever goes bad and must be repaired or replaced? Your answers to these questions dictates your decision where a HondaCare warranty is concerned... not what any John, or Sally, or whoever opines in a discussion forum.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX Obsidian Blue
22 Posts
Shouldn't I wait until my 3 years or 36,000 are almost up to buy the warranty? If people buy them at time of purchase, isn't that a wasted expense for the first 3 years? Or do dealers have you pay upfront for a warranty that will kick in after 3 years? (I've never had one before, but am seriously considering it with the hybrid) Thanks. PS I'm in NC so alas no extra warranty on battery...

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX-L
8 Posts
Shouldn't I wait until my 3 years or 36,000 are almost up to buy the warranty? If people buy them at time of purchase, isn't that a wasted expense for the first 3 years? Or do dealers have you pay upfront for a warranty that will kick in after 3 years? (I've never had one before, but am seriously considering it with the hybrid) Thanks. PS I'm in NC so alas no extra warranty on battery...
For HondaCare, the price goes up after 6,000 miles(and I think 1 year whichever comes first). The after 6,000+ miles plan is called "Near New" HondaCare. Check with a Honda dealership because I last did my research on this 2 years ago.

Reactions: Hybridnewbie

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a quote for 8yrs/120k miles, $0 deductible @ $1370 from Hyannis MA Honda for my 2020 Hybrid Touring. Found them on line based on recommendations on this forum. Dealer where I bought the car wanted $3500. So I don’t think you got a great deal. I also do not think many of the Hybrid drivetrain components are covered for 7/8years in the factory warranty from what I see in the warranty manuals. I haven’t purchased the extended warranty yet, but probably will.

Who did you speak to at Hyannis MA Honda ? I want to follow up

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
290 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The longer you wait, the more it will cost. Hyannis MA honda quoted me $1,370 yesterday for my 2020 CR-V Hybrid with 1,900 miles on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey thanks everyone! I contacted Sean in Hyannis, MA who very efficiently sent me all the info and set me up with the extended warranty. I went for the 8 year one at $1370.
Here's his info again:

Sean Rausch
Hyannis Honda
830 W. Main St
Hyannis, MA 02601

774 470 4054
[email protected]
http://www.hyannishonda.com/

·
Registered
2020 CR-V hybrid Executive trim Premium Chrystal Red Metallic
72 Posts
Definitely get the extended warranty on that one! Congratulations, she looks like a beauty! Everything in good running order? Be sure to check out your local Triumph club, it’s great to have a group of like minded “nuts” to share in the fun.
View attachment 141817
View attachment 141818
Ha! Another TR owner. (TR3A owner myself). I will post pics later this month - we're about to move to another home and my cars are currently stashed away at a friend's place.

About extended warranty: Currently, all-new Hondas delivered in the Netherlands have a 10 yr / 120K miles full-cover warranty. Our 2013 Gen IV had a 7 yr warranty. We only needed it once when the third brake light broke down and had to be replaced around 80K mls. Honda is very small here in Holland and it's a USP compared with the big players like Toyota (3 yr warranty) and Kia (7 yr warranty).

Reactions: Hybridnewbie

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thing is.. the the reason HondaCare makes more sense to more owners over time ---> average repair cost of any electronic subsystem or even fairly normal mechanical repairs involving replacement parts ---> north of $1500 a pop. and there are dozens of theses systems in a gen5 CRV, and almost all of them are now field replaceable units (meaning no repairable by a dealer).

Cost of a HondaCare warranty, if you shop the internet --> $1300-1500

The average number of major repairs in the first 5 years for gen5 CRVs --> 1.5 maybe it will happen inside the 3/36 warranty, maybe not.

Some owners like to gamble on this sort of thing, and I would say 10 years ago, where Honda's were concerned.. an extended care policy would unlikely pay for itself over the life of a vehicle. Some owners continue to gamble in this regard.. and then come back to the forum complaining that their injectors on their 2017 CRV have just gone bad and are throwing error codes (we have seen a number of these this year alone in the forum).. and are facing a price of ~$1600 to replace them.

At the end of the day.. only you can decide... for you... because it's your vehicle and your money.

So... are you feeling lucky? How long to you plan to keep your vehicle beyond the 3/36 factory warranty? Can and will you tolerate the pain of say... 3 major repairs in the time you own your vehicle? Do you like the idea of a fixed cost of ownership, or are you OK with whatever goes bad and must be repaired or replaced? Your answers to these questions dictates your decision where a HondaCare warranty is concerned... not what any John, or Sally, or whoever opines in a discussion forum.
It all depends on how long you'll own the vehicle. If less than 5 years, extended warranty probably doesn't make sense. If you keep cars 10 years, then probably does. Given the hybrid, if you're a long term owners, extended warranty makes sense. $ 1,370 at the dealer in MA, when the car is near new

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello CR-V forum.
I just bought a 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid Touring today. I’ve been looking around at different cars and decided on this one. We are passing down the ‘06 Pilot to my son and are looking forward to driving the new car.

View attachment 141804
Since you did not trade anything in, what was the purchase price for the new CR-V?

Did Swickard Honda in Gladstone, Oregon make you pay for all of the items on their "Side Sticker"?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since you did not trade anything in, what was the purchase price for the new CR-V?

Did Swickard Honda in Gladstone, Oregon make you pay for all of the items on their "Side Sticker"?

View attachment 143243
I paid $34,600 for a Hybrid Touring plus the dealer fee of $599 for "paperwork". Had clear door edge guards, wheel locks, nitrogen in the tires, window etching. List $37,015. Bought on March 24, 2020. Dealer drove the car to me to test drive and then delivered it and took my 2017 Civic Touring in Trade, a lease and gave me $600 more than the Honda lease pay off. All in all, a good deal I'd say.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid Touring
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I paid around $34,600 or so. Can’t remember exactly now, but that included door and handle film, and security etching and insurance in case of theft. I added every accessory that I wanted so there weren’t any that were offered which I did not want. Illuminated door sills, all season mats and cargo tray, interior sill protection, exterior bumper guard, roof cross bars.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts