Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I own a 2006 CR-V and am replacing the radio. I understand the utility of the main wire harness, and am comfortable (hopefully) working with that. But I remain a novice. I do not know what the small white connector on the image below is for. What does it control? What term should I search for to try to find an aftermarket harness for that small connect, if I need that. The new head unit only comes with the larger harness.

Thanks, and thanks to the random ebay ad from which the image came.
Randy

Electronics Technology Electronic device Electronic instrument Electronics accessory

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Randy,

I believe that plug is the XM radio receiver wires. I have the same one in my CRV with nav, and that is what my research led me to. I'm not sure you can adapt it to your new radio, so you're best off buying a unit that can get XM without the need for that harness (if you want to retain that function).

Hope that helps.

Marco

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Randy,

I believe that plug is the XM radio receiver wires. I have the same one in my CRV with nav, and that is what my research led me to. I'm not sure you can adapt it to your new radio, so you're best off buying a unit that can get XM without the need for that harness (if you want to retain that function).

Hope that helps.

Marco
Thank you, Louie. That's very helpful. I'm not concern with XM radio, so I should be good to go.

Thanks again,
Randy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The extra plug is for plugging in an accessory cd changer or the ipod adapter Honda used to offer.
Ah, perhaps it is for accessories in general. Or there is a debate to be had. Regardless, it sounds like something I may safely set aside. Thank you for yoru comment, Lizzurd.

Randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts