Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything in the works to change the seats on the CRV for that on all the Honda cars? I called American Honda the other day. i'm trying everything i can think of right now to figure out the right combination of cushions but have yet to find a solution. I love the car otherwise - can anything be done. I"m so frustrated. I really don't want to lose thousands to sell or trade my brand new CRV in. I'm hoping Honda reads this and replies.

·
Registered
237 Posts
is there anything in the works to change the seats on the CRV for that on all the Honda cars? I called American Honda the other day. i'm trying everything i can think of right now to figure out the right combination of cushions but have yet to find a solution. I love the car otherwise - can anything be done. I"m so frustrated. I really don't want to lose thousands to sell or trade my brand new CRV in. I'm hoping Honda reads this and replies.
Dont hold your breath waiting for a reply.

Even if someone from honda reads the forum they never reply.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Your talking about loosing thousands a 2002 CRV? One you Inherited?? Am I missing something here????

·
Registered
522 Posts
Instead of calling Honda, have you called the man upstairs to get your body straightened out? I'm on my third CRV and have no complaints about the seats. If they listen to you, I'm screwed. :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no that is just a user name i didn't inherit a 2002 - i do have a 2002 civic though :) I"m still trying to find a solution - worst case i'll trade back in and take a huge hit but i'm not giving up yet on cushions and going to upholstry shop for ideas also. I drove a civic the seats feel much better but..... that's not exactly what i wanted. anyway thanks all for listening.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Will be curious as to how you make out at the upholstry shop. Good idea to start with most economical solutions first before thinking about trading it in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you're looking for help and advice, some specifics may help.

·
Registered
756 Posts
In the old days (my dad) it was popular to try to cure your bad back by sleeping directly on PLYWOOD. That is a certain back killer for my type of body. But, do not forget to test the effects of making the seat STIFFER.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i think i'm going to have to pay upholstery shop to get the seats fixed. they said to try to get the dealer to pay but i tried and they won't. they wanted to put me into a more expensive vehicle with leather seats but still same design so that wouldnt solve anything. so i THINK and hope this might work. Don't have $$$ to trade in or trade up. the shop knew exactly by looking what is going on with the seat and my body

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well got the drivers side done feels better initially but then when i got home was still in pain not sure what tweaking stilll can be done - very frustrated. guess it's me :( it's possible the seat pan is too long or something.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Have you ever been to a chiropractor? It may not be the seats but more so your back. In my case this past winter did a number on my back and just couldn't get comfortable in my seats until my chiro straightened me out... literally.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you ever been to a chiropractor? It may not be the seats but more so your back. In my case this past winter did a number on my back and just couldn't get comfortable in my seats until my chiro straightened me out... literally.
Yes sure have off and on all the time. It's strange cuz my back doesn't hurt when in drive my 2002 civic so i think there is still some tweaking to be done - or is it possible to replace seats with other seats???

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Don't know what's involved in switching seats because of what could be connected in terms of airbag sensors, etc. Don't know enough about what's involved in seats these days as opposed to the good old classic cars where switching stuff was much easier. Worth asking a shop though if you think that will help.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Your biggest hurdle will be the airbags, Lawyers, Lawyers, Lawyers...If you found seats out of say a 14 Honda Civic that were comfortable, I am sure they could be installed and connected to the airbag system, but the air bags that deploy from a 14 Civic seat should be different size and shape than a airbag designed for a current generation CRV. It may not seem like an issue, until the vehicle is involved in an accident and the airbag didn't do it's job because it isn't designed for the CRV, if someone is injured or worse, everyone who had any part in the modification will be named as defendants.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well i'm getting really close to selling the car - i hope i don't have to - went back to upholstery place and compared the two cars trying to figure out what the heck is causing all this pain Got a referral to physical therapy even but not sure that'll help this problem totally. I have a feeling it's the lumbar it's too much they put foam over it and moved it back a tad but still that is more than wht i have in my 2002 civic. ALso the steering wheel is higher - one inch higher so we raised my seat one inch so i'll try it for a bit bu may have to either sell this on my own or go somewhere to sell it and then i may not even want to buy anything else right now - so disappointed. i hear a lot of new cars have uncomfy seats

·
Registered
548 Posts
After 10 months the cushioning in my drivers side seat seems to have sunk/compressed already, I can now feel the seat framing underneath digging into to my RH thigh and it's beginning to become a PITBA just to drive the CRV.
We will see what eventuates next week when it goes in for the 20,000km Service.

I have spent $$'s on Chiropractic & Physiotherapist thinking there was something wrong with my body.
During the past week I came to realise what the problem actually was when I hit a pothole in the road, I really felt the frame dig into my thigh.

Update: Honda replaced the seat cushion under Warranty.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts