Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install an eyebolt into the front bumper drivers side. Can I drill a hole here safely? It’s to tie down a boat carried on the roof. Don’t want the line to interfere with the tire or wheel well near the line. When using the existing tie down below the front bumper the line can get caught up. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
If you are talking about the steel bumper behind the plastic fascia, yes you can drill it. But I cringe when drilling into structural members. For a no drill solution, you can slip a short cross arm strap around the steel bumper and attach your tie down to the strap. Then tuck the strap away when not in use.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are talking about the steel bumper behind the plastic fascia, yes you can drill it. But I cringe when drilling into structural members. For a no drill solution, you can slip a short cross arm strap around the steel bumper and attach your tie down to the strap. Then tuck the strap away when not in use.
Good idea. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts