Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a pretty big FB group (thousands) for current generation CR-V owners that I had joined, visited every day and commented in but now it seems to have just disappeared.

Was anyone else in that group?
Know what happened to it?

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
no if they went, banned or simply fade, who knows have any more info of the name?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm.
I'm wondering if somehow I got banned from that group because I cannot see it when I do a group search.

I see lots of others but not that one.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hmmmm.
I'm wondering if somehow I got banned from that group because I cannot see it when I do a group search.

I see lots of others but not that one.
Here's the link: 2017-2020 5th. Generation Honda CR-V Owners Group North America.

I'm not a member, but it was easy to find. If you cant see it while logged in to Facebook, log out and try again. That would at least tell you if you were actually banned from seeing it, which would be odd.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It still exists and the biggest topic of conversation is Oil Dilution.
2017-2020 5th. Generation Honda CR-V Owners Group North America.
It is way more international than the title implies.

"Are you looking for info about oil dilution? If so please use GOOGLE. Members of this group are sick of people coming in asking about dilution. If u do it anyway you will be booted and banned. FYI, 1.5L and 2.4L CRV 5th gen, can get oil dilution. "

The other group has no issue complaining about OD all day. Got banned from there pretty quick.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,583 Posts
The other group has no issue complaining about OD all day. Got banned from there pretty quick.
I can totally believe what you are describing here.

And... Facebook is the perfect venue for that sort of circular firing squad, self reinforcing, tribal behavior too. Which is why I refuse to ever have a Facebook account. :)

"Are you looking for info about oil dilution? If so please use GOOGLE. Members of this group are sick of people coming in asking about dilution. If u do it anyway you will be booted and banned. FYI, 1.5L and 2.4L CRV 5th gen, can get oil dilution. "
Which honestly.. is the way a Facebook group should work.... ie: with some basic guard rails as to purpose and use of said group.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts