Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Touring model. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my factory navi unit was working differently. When i go to "Find Address", instead of a screen asking for zip code, city, state, etc. like it has done for the last 2 1/2 years, it sits for about 5 seconds and then goes to "House Number", then "Street Name", then searches within my state and the surrounding states. Also, as I am driving without a destination set, instead of saying "Driving on (street name)", it gives the name of each cross street ahead as I am approaching it. I installed the latest maps over 2 months ago without this happening otherwise I would assume there was a change to the UI in that update. I have to say, I like the changes now that I am used to it. Has this happened to anyone else out there?

·
Registered
151 Posts
My system has been that way for as long as I can remember. Look for "nav system seriously out of date by Bibo Lee" It is the most current info you can get. As to what's ahead when having a route in, if you are on an extended road, say a highway, it will tell you what street/road you are on. When in town, or where there is numerous cross streets, it will show what cross streets are ahead.

·
Banned
131 Posts
I believe Garmin always have been using House number and street name as default search parameter since their first standalone GPS unit. Zip code based search parameters are mostly found on Tomtom/copilot based gps or Mazda/Nissan and toyota navi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts