Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Can't really say I "ordered" ours.....I simply asked the salesperson "if they got a lunar silver or modern steel EXL in, please give me a call". A week later the salesperson called and said "a transport just pulled in, I see one of each color on it". Drove the modern steel V home the next day before the dealership had a chance to molest it with several thousand dollars worth of dealer installed add-ons......none of which I wanted.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't believe Honda does 'factory orders' per se...

You can ask your local dealer for a CR-V Touring in Sandstorm metallic (only one interior color) then the dealer looks at their inventory and sees if there is one in stock. If not the may try to do a dealer trade or place an order with the factory which can take several months.

There are no customizations available at the factory (no custom colors, interiors, stereo upgrades, etc.) so it's just a regular (nice) new Honda from the factory.

For our '18 CR-V our dealer had it on their lot in Sioux Falls, SD and trucked it in for us...

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,558 Posts
Honda does not do "factory orders"

Dealers do not even get a choice on what vehicles are "allocated" to them each month, they take what they are allocated. Dealers with a better volume sales history and a better track record in customer service get priority though.. and often get the more desired vehicles for their region, and in larger quantities.

As a buyer, the best you can do is approach a dealer and see if they have their allocation list for what is coming on their next allotment from Honda. Most dealers are happy to pre-sell (ie: hold it for you for X period of time upon arrival) from their allotment if the buyer puts down a refundable deposit.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Has anyone ever had the dealer order a CRV? Can you share your experience? Pros and Cons.
they might allocate one inboundto another dealer but to walk in and order a crv when there are thousands avail doesnt seem likely.
Like for the hybrids all of our local dealers have 2-4 inbound and can swap color combos as non smart buyers overpay lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Has anyone ever had the dealer order a CRV? Can you share your experience? Pros and Cons.
Yes. Our 2008 was ordered by the dealer. It took about a month. It came by boat to a port in Calif. then put on a rail and shipped to the east coast. It may of been that the inventory wasn't available anywhere in the US and they had one coming from Japan.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Yes. Our 2008 was ordered by the dealer. It took about a month. It came by boat to a port in Calif. then put on a rail and shipped to the east coast. It may of been that the inventory wasn't available anywhere in the US and they had one coming from Japan.
That wasn't a factory order, it was more a dealer allotment vehicle. Also, that was back in the day when none were built in NA. Do any still come here from Japan? When we bought our 2010, dealers had about 50/50 NA/Japan built vehicles.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,154 Posts
Yes, I've had 3x CR-Vs ordered new, including the current 5th Gen I have.

Not sure the process is the same in the UK as it is in the US, but because Honda is such a minute player here, all cars are ordered from what I can ascertain.

Even more so now since the 5th Gen CR-V comes from Japan....built to order. Unless of course someone buys an ex-demo. I had a 7 week wait for mine....well worth it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts