Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Honda offer retractable sun shades? I know there are aftermarket options that involve suction cups but would rather have factory ones like the highlander has. Are they available on the crv as an aftermarket item?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I've seen factory rear blinds on the Honda Odyssey so Honda does put them in their cars but not the CRV
The 98-02 Accord Coupe and 97-01 Prelude were offered ones as an OEM Honda accessory.l for the back window. I think those were the only "cars" Honda offered them for in the US. And on the 2nd Gen Odyssey was when they were 1st offered as an OEM accessory for the side windows I believe, Id have to check an accessory catalog to verify.

Now the newer upper trim level Oddesey's come with them I know. Maybe they all do now??

·
Registered
78 Posts
The 98-02 Accord Coupe and 97-01 Prelude were offered ones as an OEM Honda accessory.l for the back window. I think those were the only "cars" Honda offered them for in the US. And on the 2nd Gen Odyssey was when they were 1st offered as an OEM accessory for the side windows I believe, Id have to check an accessory catalog to verify.

Now the newer upper trim level Oddesey's come with them I know. Maybe they all do now??
So you're saying the Accord coupe and Prelude had factory retractable sun shades? The ones that goes into the panels?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
No, what I said was, they were an Accessory from Honda, not "factory" ones as they were added at dealers, but an OEM Accessory.

They didnt go into any panel, no.

They are manually operated and here is a picture of one in a 97-01 Prelude taken over 10 yrs ago now.

(Editted as I cant post pictures for some reason.)

Both the Prelude and Accord ones have been discontinued for sometime now though.

As for the Oddesey vans I had mentioned earlier, 3rd row rear curtains were offered for the 2005-2010 for sure, maybe even more recent year, but not previous 2005. Here is a link to install instructions for those.

https://www.handa-accessories.com/odyssey/05ody3rdrowsun.pdf

Picture of one in my 99 Prelude.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you don't find what you want, try this: I didn't realize there were aftermarket sun shades available so made some for a grand total of $2 for the rear window. Set of 16 suction cups from dollar store $2. 8 tubes of instant glue from dollar store $2. Black fabric from FabricLand $2 a meter. With 2 meters of fabric my total cost was $8 and was enough material to make shades for the rear window, both rear side windows and covering top to bottom behind front seats. I am dropping the rear seats and have a high density foam that I can use for sleeping when motels/hotels are unavailable and wanted total privacy.

Just cut the material to size and glued on the suction cups. When not in use, the shades are kept in spare tire compartment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.