Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a after-market Honda roof rack, and was wondering if anyone uses their factory rack to carry a canoe?? It looks like it might be a bit skinny?? Any info would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Aftermarket (yakima, thule, etc) or OEM? I was looking at a factory one and they have a limit of 75 pounds (at least for 2nd gen, now that I think of it, it might be different for yours), which isn't enough for my needs (2 kayaks and a cartop carrier), so I am going with a yakima whispbar setup. Another person here uses foam blocks with their newer CR-V. (http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/29-bikin-campin-hikin-kayakin/21786-carrying-canoe-oem-roof-mount-position.html)I used to have a canoe and cut pool noodles the long way, put on the canoe edge, and then ratchet straps through the open door. It worked, but lots of noise from the straps and damaged my weatherstripping. I had a nice set of factory bars for my previous car, a 2000 Golf, those were rated 75 Kilograms, so around 165 pounds, I was disappointed that Honda didn't have as nice of factory bars, but a whispbar setup can be switched to a new vehicle if I get something else. (end of rambling attempt at help)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts