Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any/all please post the brand of tire on your US Version AWD Touring vehicle. Just looking for the information for the 18" tires. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hankook Kinergy GT P235/60 R18

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think they would have to put on Michelin Premiers for me to count myself lucky :p.
Amen! I hear that Bridgestone is not so great. But I had Bridgestones as original fitment on my 2012 CR-V and they lasted well over 60,000 smooth smiles. But that was a different model tire.

My Touring has those Korean tires, Hankook, the ones I never liked.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My Touring was built in Canada and has the Hankook Ecopia tires, perfectly happy with them. Tire noise is not an issue, grip is great, they don't squeal loudly around sharp corners, I hope they last a good long time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know if this is the case with Honda, but on my Toyota, I found out that the tires that ship with new vehicles are not made to the same standards as the exact same tire made for the resale market. There's no tread wear warranty and they are made in a different plant.

·
Registered
100 Posts
We have Canadian built EX-L and came with the Bridgestones... unfortunately

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can't compare since I don't have experience with Hankook tires, but I've been happy with the Bridgestones. Don't seem noisy to me, have fairly good cornering grip without squealing in aggressive turns.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know if this is the case with Honda, but on my Toyota, I found out that the tires that ship with new vehicles are not made to the same standards as the exact same tire made for the resale market.
I suspect this is common. OEM tires and replacement tires that seem to have all the same numbers are not necessarily the same. Car companies can spec parameters for their specific vehicles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Touring was built in Canada and has the Hankook Ecopia tires, perfectly happy with them. Tire noise is not an issue, grip is great, they don't squeal loudly around sharp corners, I hope they last a good long time.
LOL, your so special , two Hankook, two Ecopia ???????????, my touring made in Canada and has all Hankook.

·
Registered
730 Posts
LOL, your so special , two Hankook, two Ecopia ???????????, my touring made in Canada and has all Hankook.
Sorry, I meant Hankook Kinergy tires, got mixed up there with the Bridgestone Ecopia tires.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts