Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
I own a 2007 Honda CRV - the check engine light has been on a while - it has now failed the emissions test for the state of Massachusetts. I was told that Honda's warranty cover emissions problems for and extended period (say 5 years or 50,000 miles). Does anyone know about this warranty extension? I understand it could be costly to fix.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Why don't you have your code read and see why the engine light is on, which is something you should have done right away. You need to know whats going on with the engine light first.

Honda may not be willing to cover anything from the lack of responsibility of driving the car, for who knows how long, with the engine light on.:confused: I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I get confused on why people don't take better care of their of the cars. An engine light is not something to put off until it's convient or in your case you have to do something about it because of the car not passing the test.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,152 Posts
I know that in most states, a CEL is an automatic FAIL.

So get it fixed and report back what the code was.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Emmissions warranties only cover certain componentts like hte catalytic converter and maybe the PVC vance, charcoal canister and some other components. I'm not sure if it covers the O2 sensor.

Your CEL may have been on for somethign as simple as the overfillign the gas tank, or the fuel cap not being tightened securely.

Typically a CEL is an automatic FAIL in emissions testing as mentioned above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts