Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing a faint ticking sound once every ~5 seconds like clockwork coming from what I suspect is the engine bay close to the driver's feet. I can hear it in the cabin and I could hear it when I listened from the outside near the wheel well. I've heard it while driving and after the car has been off. It's not always happening, and I can't figure out a cause. It might drive me insane unless I figure out what it is, does anyone know?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hear the same thing as you do. Haven't checked if it happens with the parking break on, but I know i can hear it without the parking break.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am hearing a faint ticking sound once every ~5 seconds like clockwork coming from what I suspect is the engine bay close to the driver's feet. I can hear it in the cabin and I could hear it when I listened from the outside near the wheel well. I've heard it while driving and after the car has been off. It's not always happening, and I can't figure out a cause. It might drive me insane unless I figure out what it is, does anyone know?
I also hear a low ticking ticking inside near the drivers side close to the center comsole after the engine off. It stops after a while.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ServiceNews Article
January 2017 A17010C Version 1

Certain Noises After Shutting Off Engine Are Normal

AFFECTED VEHICLES
2017 CR-V

After shutting off the engine, you may hear certain noises coming from the vehicle. Here’s the lowdown:
• Noise from Under Vehicle: This noise is caused by the vacuum pump inside the fuel evaporation leakage check module (ELCM). Depending on conditions, the pump will come on for about 15 minutes about 5 to 10 hours after engine shutoff.

• Clicking from Under Hood: This noise is caused by the electric brake booster (EBB) system. The system will come on for about 3 minutes every time a front door is opened.
Keep in mind both of these noises are just normal vehicle operation and don’t indicate a vehicle problem.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My EBB ticks all the time when parked. Every 3.6 seconds. Never stops. I thought maybe that might be a source of battery drain, so on a recent trip, I didn't take it to the airport. 8 days parked in my garage and the battery drop was 0.4 V. So, no worry. But I should get it in to be checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts