Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New owner of a 2002 CRV in Regina, Saskatchewan. I must say, very nice vehicle to own & drive. Problems so far:
  • consuming oil. At 250K, not surprised, hope its valve stem seals (not smoking though), hope its not rings ?
  • rear diff damper rubbers completely torn (heard that happens a lot)
  • RR ABS sensor defective (constant ABS light on dash)
  • Vapor canister defective (constant check light)
  • window washer level switch defective (just need to pull off the wheel guard to get to it), my dash is like a Christmas tree :rolleyes:

Pretty nice vehicle though.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
He meant oil leaks.

A common issue on gen2 cars is a leaky oil pressure sender. Other common sources of oil drips are valve cover gaskets (actually, a lack of sealer on the joints under the valve cover).

If the engine isn’t noticeably leaking, yeah check compression and leak down. One grade thicker oil than 5w-20 might be a good strategy too.

Good luck with the V. Properly maintained they last a long long time!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He meant oil leaks.

A common issue on gen2 cars is a leaky oil pressure sender. Other common sources of oil drips are valve cover gaskets (actually, a lack of sealer on the joints under the valve cover).

If the engine isn’t noticeably leaking, yeah check compression and leak down. One grade thicker oil than 5w-20 might be a good strategy too.

Good luck with the V. Properly maintained they last a long long time!
Ok, for some reason, i'm thinkin about the floor of the vehicle. No leaks at all. CV joint boot was torn recently so it flashed grease all over, replaced the axle ?, all good. Might have to get that leak down or compression test done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts