Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Favorite OBD scan app

3K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  jbrharris 
#1 ·
Hello all ..... I've used the old torque app for years for monitoring the information it can give you, resetting and reading codes. Is there a better mouse trap or there these days? Thanks

#2 ·
Depends on how much you want to spend.

The basic apps won't read transmission or ABS codes. Nor will they provide details of how the engine is running.

The more sophisticated scanners cost $$$. IMO it is best to stick with what you have until the time comes.

Heck, I still rely on a ScanGaugeII that is over 10 years old. Back before Torque and other 'remote scanners became widely available.

+++++++++++

I'm sure others will respond with opinions on the features of scanners that they appreciate! I'll move your inquiry to the MISC area for better response.

Reactions: UK-Kev
#5 ·
Reactions: UK-Kev
#9 ·
#7 ·
Not that I need it much at all, but I have BlueDriver and have been very pleased with it the few times I needed to check for codes.

Their App software works very well, and they include access to Honda specific (really many brands specific codes) OBDII codes, which most low end readers do not do.

#8 ·
Not that I need it much at all, but I have BlueDriver and have been very pleased with it the few times I needed to check for codes.

Their App software works very well, and they include access to Honda specific (really many brands specific codes) OBDII codes, which most low end readers do not do.

Nice, thanks....I'll look at that one.

What I like about the Torque app is that I can make a "dashboard" from the available sensors or ecm information and display realtime.... That is the direction was looking more than the professional mechanic type code reader. Would be nice to know oil pressure and trans temp. This app doesn't have those that I have found anyway. I would think the car would have that information but I don't know for sure.

#11 ·
Any idea if there is a list or resource to know exactly what real-time information that the gen 2 provides at the OBD? I guess it's not impossible that the computer doesn't track trans temp or actual oil pressure??? Maybe I just take what I got and deal with it ha ha

#13 ·
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. After diving deeper into the suggestions and what else is out there it would appear that my old Torque lite app and 20ish $ bluetooth adapter reads all the available data the vehicle has...... so if your looking to monitor transmission temps on the 2003....get a thermometer ha. I can't find anywhere that this vehicle supports that data.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.