Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
My absolute favorite feature has to be the Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow. It's really nice to have and fun to use!

Second on my list would have to be the Lane Keeping Assist System. With this and the ACC it's getting close to a self-driving car.

After those two features, for me, it's hard to choose as I like most everything that the vehicle does and the equipment it has. There's pretty much a bell or whistle for anything that you can think of wanting.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am loving the heated steering wheel the most as I live in canada- still getting used to adaptive and smart city follow- never want to put all my trust in the machine lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well, you're not really putting your trust into the machine per se. You're putting it into the team that built and programmed the system. Yeah, I know. Even SCARIER! ;)

I have by no means ceded control completely to the CR-V, but it is enjoyable to sit back (mostly) and watch and feel it work.

Speaking of heated steering wheels, my F-150 came with one and I, too, love it. I hate to wear gloves, so as soon as I can, I always take them off and the heated wheel really accommodates this nicely. I had a good chuckle the other day when I got home and parked the truck in the garage. I hadn't driven very far so the steering wheel was nice and toasty, but when I grabbed the shift lever to put it into park I was startled by how cold it was. I guess I'll have to look for a heated shift lever for my next vehicle.

I'm still debating about putting the heated steering wheel in the CR-V. I really, really want it, but it looks like it'll take a good day, or maybe two at my rate, to install. The install seems to have a lot of steps in it as it's a long procedure. It feels like it should be more of a plug it in and go installation rather than having to tear the car apart to get it all done. We'll see.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fav features so far are the ACC and auto headlights/auto high beam. Oh, and of course push to start, smart entry and auto lock...My previous car was an '07 so all these features are new to me.

I've used ACC on the highway several times now but not low speed follow. Do I set this up differently than ACC? I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to trust in slow traffic. I saw a dealer video that stated unlike the civic, the CRV does not have low speed follow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hard for me to narrow it down because I love everything about it. This vehicle is truly a pleasure both to drive and to ride in as a passenger!

Among the things I love (in no particular order):
  • digital speedometer with driver info center
  • automatic high beam headlights
  • lane keeping assist
  • adaptive cruise control
  • the 12-way driver's seat and its excellent lumbar and thigh support
  • the Garmin navigation with actual photos of the exits
  • my granddaughter's picture as the background for the home section on the infotainment center
  • walk away locks
  • remote start

Can't say enough good things about it so far!

·
Registered
5 Posts
automatic breaking and brake hold....as well as all of the safty features. i had thought the crv ex came with the ability to roll windows down with key fob but i guess not(2017 EX)

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are some of the favourite features on Your New Crv.
automatic breaking and brake hold....as well as all of the safty features. i had thought the crv ex came with the ability to roll windows down with key fob but i guess not(2017 EX)
I have a drop foot in the right foot so the safty features are what i love..i just picked it up today. Probably only know some of the features.....i am thinking about using the walk away locks (any draw back to using this?......) if i pay for the honda link app and then get a new phone will i have to buy it again (sorry to go off topic...just wondering

·
Registered
2017 Honda CRV EXL Molten Lava Red
131 Posts
if i pay for the honda link app and then get a new phone will i have to buy it again (sorry to go off topic...just wondering
I downloaded the Honda Link app to my. it was free. I haven't tried it yet, as I am leery of having a phone interruption while I am driving.
So, what cost are asking about? maybe I don't need it after all.
my smart phone is a TRACFONE, its an LG I don't like driving with phone I have to think about what I would say that couldn't wait until I saw the person. Of course, if car was on side of road dsiabled than I would use phone to get help if there was a signal available here in the Green Mountains.

·
Registered
219 Posts
bsirk3,

You don't have to do anything different then the normal enabling of the ACC to use it in slow speed traffic. For your comfort and safety, I would recommend that when traffic slows or comes to a stop, place your foot over the brake pedal (hovering and ready to go, but don't press the pedal as it will disable the ACC) and be ready to take over if you're not comfortable with what the system is doing. As long as there's already a detected vehicle in front of you that you are following, you'll first see (if you have the fuel economy screen on in the dash) the car let up on the gas, then you'll eventually feel the braking start. The only situation that I'm not comfortable with the system is when there is no vehicle detected in front of you and you come up behind a stopped vehicle. It doesn't start braking soon enough for me, so I've never let it go completely to see what would happen. At any rate, if you do this a few times, you'll find that the system works well when following other vehicles and you'll get comfortable with it soon enough. Just remember to always be prepared to take control just in case it can't handle the situation.

penguin fan,

The only drawback to using the walkaway locking feature that I've encountered is that you'll get used to it and will develop a tendency to just walk away from any other vehicles that you may have. They, of course, don't auto-lock this way, so you're vulnerable. Ha, ha! Such problems we have.

As far as your phone goes, when you purchase apps, they are always tied to your purchase account and not your phone. That way you can always reload your apps to whatever phone that you are using. This is nice and convenient, but it does lock you into a particular ecosystem once you've purchased a number of apps. As others have already said, the HondaLink app is free and other than allowing you to make service appointments from your phone, there's not a lot of functionality to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can open the windows and moonroof, see page 165 of the manual. It works on my EX.
Press the unlock button, and then within 10 seconds, press it again and keep it pressed. If the windows and moonroof* or Panoramic Roof*1 stop midway, repeat the procedure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can open the windows and moonroof, see page 165 of the manual. It works on my EX.
Press the unlock button, and then within 10 seconds, press it again and keep it pressed. If the windows and moonroof* or Panoramic Roof*1 stop midway, repeat the procedure.
well this is cool

·
Registered
190 Posts
bsirk3,

You don't have to do anything different then the normal enabling of the ACC to use it in slow speed traffic. For your comfort and safety, I would recommend that when traffic slows or comes to a stop, place your foot over the brake pedal (hovering and ready to go, but don't press the pedal as it will disable the ACC) and be ready to take over if you're not comfortable with what the system is doing. As long as there's already a detected vehicle in front of you that you are following, you'll first see (if you have the fuel economy screen on in the dash) the car let up on the gas, then you'll eventually feel the braking start. The only situation that I'm not comfortable with the system is when there is no vehicle detected in front of you and you come up behind a stopped vehicle. It doesn't start braking soon enough for me, so I've never let it go completely to see what would happen. At any rate, if you do this a few times, you'll find that the system works well when following other vehicles and you'll get comfortable with it soon enough. Just remember to always be prepared to take control just in case it can't handle the situation.

penguin fan,

The only drawback to using the walkaway locking feature that I've encountered is that you'll get used to it and will develop a tendency to just walk away from any other vehicles that you may have. They, of course, don't auto-lock this way, so you're vulnerable. Ha, ha! Such problems we have.

As far as your phone goes, when you purchase apps, they are always tied to your purchase account and not your phone. That way you can always reload your apps to whatever phone that you are using. This is nice and convenient, but it does lock you into a particular ecosystem once you've purchased a number of apps. As others have already said, the HondaLink app is free and other than allowing you to make service appointments from your phone, there's not a lot of functionality to it.
Thank you! I'll try it out tomorrow, fingers crossed. ACC has made driving to work so much better, most of my drive is highway so I set it and keep one hand on the wheel and foot ready and relax. I'm loving this car, so glad I waited and didn't buy the '16 ...I came so close, it was between that or the civic hatch.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just tonight I was pulling out of a parking spot and the rear cross traffic alert caught a car on my left and someone pushing a cart on my right, love how it has the arrows pointing to where the obstacle is coming from! I wouldn't have seen the person with the cart without the alert. One of my fav features now... there are just so many to love! I haven't found anything I don't like yet. Well, except in my '07 there was floor space in between the two front seats under the shifter area that I kept my purse in that the '17 does not have so when I have a passenger in the front seat I have no place for my purse other than in the back or by their feet, but that's minor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
fav feature is the hands free tail gate. after i swing my leg and the tail gate start to open. i told my wife that's how i opened the tail gate with my leg swinging again(to demo the motion). it closed on me and hit my head!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Adaptative Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow as well! Almost makes waiting in traffic fun, almost! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts