Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where was your CR-V made?

I am going to purchase a 5th gen Touring AWD, and love my wife's East Liberty, OH 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD. Our V has been very reliable -- with over 120,000 on the clock!

Has your vehicle been reliable?

How to find vehicle information:

The place of final assembly is also on the door VIN sticker.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
1,075 Posts
Indiana plant: 2019 CR-V EX FWD

9600 miles

It's been fabulous so far. I just returned from a trip out to the high desert with a round trip of about 280 miles for 33.6 mpg (loaded with my garb), driving 70-72 mph (occasionally faster) with ECON off.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,149 Posts
Mine - Built in Japan. (Ditto for all UK 5th Gen CR-V's, petrol & Hybrid).

Totally flawless and utterly reliable.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
Mine is Canada, no issues at all.
Same here. One minor early recall for an early issue with "possibly" faulty fuel line near the fuel tank.. but that's been it.

I was surprised, as a California resident, to see Honda shipping CRVs from Canada to California (at the same exact shipping and destination charges). :) According to the manifest... my CRV went by ship, then train, then truck to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do the Canadian CR-Vs use the same screws and such? For example, some companies making license plate screws say not to use on any import, but since mine is Ohio built, the screws worked perfectly.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Where was your CR-V made?

I am going to purchase a 5th gen Touring AWD, and love my wife's East Liberty, OH 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD. Our V has been very reliable -- with over 120,000 on the clock!

Has your vehicle been reliable?

How to find vehicle information:

The place of final assembly is also on the door VIN sticker.
Mine came from Indiana, great car of course the engine fills full of gasoline, but they all do that.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,149 Posts
I previously had four 4th Gen CR-Vs - all built in Swindon, UK.

• 2.2 EX i-DTEC Manual (2013)
  • 2.2 EX i-DTEC Manual (2014)
  • 2.2 EX i-DTEC Auto (2015)
  • 2.0 EX i-VTEC Auto (2018)
All of them were truly exceptionally built and well screwed together. In fact, I would be hard pressed to criticise their build quality - they were all on par with the current 5th Gen I have, built in Japan.

Shame for Swindon as the site is closing next year. They made some cracking cars, including the rare Accord Type-R.

Reactions: mrtn and agentl074

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe, I oughta consider a Canadian built V. There are a lot of them on the sales lots around here.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,149 Posts
Maybe, I oughta consider a Canadian built V. There are a lot of them on the sales lots around here.
Curious - do US-built CR-V's sell over the border in Canada (as in not private vehicle sale)?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts