Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Touring 2 Wheel Drive, and a problem.....

I noticed something sticking out of the bottom of my car yesterday, and upon closer inspection, found that the metal shield that has to be removed before an oil change was busted.

Don't know how it got that way, but the 2 center bolts were (or fasteners) were completely missing, but the other hardware was intact, so it was still attached to the car.

I got under there and removed it, going to get another one, but local dealer says you cannot just buy the metal piece, you have to buy all the surrounding plastic, too! For big $$$$, no less!

Here's what gets interesting.... On the local ACURA website, you can buy just the metal shield, saving big $$$$
But it (supposedly) only fits SOME 2017 Cr-V's, depending on where your car came from.... Indiana, Ontario, East Liberty, etc.

What difference would that make???? And how can you determine where your CR-V came from? Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
110 Posts
there is a way to determine using the VIN number. Google is your best friend in this case. I searched for but one web site and it was explained. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Your CRV build "where and when", along with other valuable info, is on the stickers on the drivers door post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts