Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five weeks ago on February 20th I bought a 17' V Touring in Lunar Silver Metallic. I contacted my dealer this morning just for a friendly update. It was my first time inquiring as I was told it could take 3 months. They told me it will be built here in Canada on April 5th. Also they said what that means is it will arrive at the dealer on the week of April 22nd. Also, now that they have a build date, they will do weekly updates as to where it is, either rail or compound. Also, again because of a build date they can now start trading for one a bit earlier. I'm assuming with other dealers.

Well it's finally starting to happen. To say I wasn't feeling excited would be an understatement. I feel like an 11 year old boy looking at his first set of boobies.

Just to let you know I paid $500 over the Carcostcanada.com price.
$35924 cad

·
Registered
231 Posts
Five weeks ago on February 20th I bought a 17' V Touring in Lunar Silver Metallic. I contacted my dealer this morning just for a friendly update. It was my first time inquiring as I was told it could take 3 months. They told me it will be built here in Canada on April 5th. Also they said what that means is it will arrive at the dealer on the week of April 22nd. Also, now that they have a build date, they will do weekly updates as to where it is, either rail or compound. Also, again because of a build date they can now start trading for one a bit earlier. I'm assuming with other dealers.

Well it's finally starting to happen. To say I wasn't feeling excited would be an understatement. I feel like an 11 year old boy looking at his first set of boobies.

$35924 cad
I bought my my Modern Steel Metallic Touring March 17th and was told it would be delivered end of this week or sometime next. I wonder why yours is taking so much longer or maybe I am in for a surprise and mine is going to take a while. I am excited too as it's the first new car I will have purchased in 30 years! I paid the unhaggle.ca dealer invoice price of $35,424 with 2yr/0.99% financing, no accessories, extended warranty or trade in.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my my Modern Steel Metallic Touring March 17th and was told it would be delivered end of this week or sometime next. I wonder why yours is taking so much longer or maybe I am in for a surprise and mine is going to take a while. I am excited too as it's the first new car I will have purchased in 30 years! I paid the unhaggle.ca dealer invoice price of $35,424 with 2yr/0.99% financing, no accessories, extended warranty or trade in.
Great price!! I got the front, rear and cargo mats thrown in and here in Alberta its mandatory to have the block heater installed so that was thrown in as well. Didn't think i'd get a deal on such a new car.

My best guess as to why mine is taking so long is colour.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There must be quite a run on these cars (as there should be). We only had to wait about a week, and it was coming from Canada. Actually, it was already in the pipeline for our dealer. Luckily we were the first to put up a bit of earnest money for it, a white EX-L.

Geoff

·
Registered
231 Posts
By the way congrats on pulling the trigger after 30 years!
Thanks. Well my first car was a Honda Accord EX that I bought new in 1984. Drove it for 3 years then sold it to my brother and then bought a Mercedes 300E for $78,400 cash brand new (I was young and needed to impress my clients!) and drove it for 27 years and eventually it just was too expensive to repair so I recycled it and got $250. My Dad had had a stroke so he gave me his 1994 Toyota Corolla LE and I've been driving it now for 3 years and thought it was finally time to buy a brand new car again. I did a ton of research, went to the Toronto Car Show, test drove cars, did a huge spreadsheet comparing every feature and settled on the CR-V Touring. I think it is the best car for the money and one of the most fully featured available now.

I have to say I am absolutely AMAZED at all the features cars have today. My Mercedes only had a drivers side airbag and a moon roof (but no glass - either fully open or closed). It didn't even have a cup holder. I feel like I am going 'Back to the Future'!

·
Registered
231 Posts
After reading your post I checked with my dealer about the delivery date on my Touring and it is in the next 5 days but they do not know exactly the day. Odd you have so much more detailed information from your dealer. I'm also surprised your lunar silver colour is not ordered as much as my modern steel metallic, hence your longer wait time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Gentlemen, are these prices including taxes and fees? Would you happen to have an on the road price for the Touring in Canada? Preferably Alberta?
Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts

$35924 cad
Touring or EX-L, because the touring is 38090?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Gentlemen, are these prices including taxes and fees? Would you happen to have an on the road price for the Touring in Canada? Preferably Alberta?
Thanks
These are 'dealer invoice prices' ($35,424 for the Touring) and no such prices ever include PDI/Freight or taxes, which depend on the province of purchase.

What do you mean by 'on the road price'? What it costs you to get it on the road depends on how good a negotiator you are and how hungry the dealer is for a sale.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks
$35924+ac tax+tire tax+freight&pdi+wheel locks++++++
all in with a ton of extras i Paid $39426.14 Tax in with my trade in

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

Im in Calgary. I bought mine in Okotoks. Calgary Honda and its second Calgary dealer, Heritage Honda charge a $595 dealer fee. I almost signed the papers at Heritage, then walked away. I can PM you some info if you'd like.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After reading your post I checked with my dealer about the delivery date on my Touring and it is in the next 5 days but they do not know exactly the day. Odd you have so much more detailed information from your dealer. I'm also surprised your lunar silver colour is not ordered as much as my modern steel metallic, hence your longer wait time.

It did take me 5 weeks of waiting to get the info but the did state they could keep me posted regarding its whereabouts once it's shipped.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks

Im in Calgary. I bought mine in Okotoks. Calgary Honda and its second Calgary dealer, Heritage Honda charge a $595 dealer fee. I almost signed the papers at Heritage, then walked away. I can PM you some info if you'd like.
I'm in Calgary as well. Yes please PM me. Thank you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*update. There are two Tourings coming out West via rail at the moment. My dealer was to receive one while another dealer was to receive a silver. So my dealer traded with the other dealer and my LSM Touring will be ready for me next week. It was six weeks Monday since ordering.

·
Registered
730 Posts
*update. There are two Tourings coming out West via rail at the moment. My dealer was to receive one while another dealer was to receive a silver. So my dealer traded with the other dealer and my LSM Touring will be ready for me next week. It was six weeks Monday since ordering.
I feel your pain, it took us several weeks to get the color/trim we wanted but it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I picked up my Modern Steel Metallic Touring yesterday in Toronto and the dealer told me that it is the most popular colour and they are on several weeks backorder now. It took about 12 business days for mine to arrive at the dealership and I ordered in mid-March.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts