Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my wife's CRV has finally arrived. After two long months we finally picker her up today. Then went and did a bit of Costco shopping. We traded a 2016 Mazda CX5 GT. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_2910.jpg
IMG_2911.jpg
IMG_2912.jpg
IMG_2913.jpg
IMG_2914.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Please give us a rundown of what you like about the CR-V over the CX-5.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure thing. Give me a couple days with it. For now, the things that lead us to the CRV was the panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, apple car play, heated rear seats, more leg room, power rear lift gate and I also own a 2003 civic with original exhaust still going strong. I like the more masculine look as well. IMO so far the CRV feels more planted to the road. I feel there is more road noise on the CRV compared to the CX5 but it's more engine noise. The turbo does lag but what one doesn't? These are all minor grudges that I notice right away and we will get used to them. Minor. There is more tech in the CRV as well. The seats are way more comfortable in the CRV.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure thing. Give me a couple days with it. For now, the things that lead us to the CRV was the panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, apple car play, heated rear seats, more leg room, power rear lift gate and I also own a 2003 civic with original exhaust still going strong. I like the more masculine look as well. IMO so far the CRV feels more planted to the road. I feel there is more road noise on the CRV compared to the CX5 but it's more engine noise. The turbo does lag but what one doesn't? These are all minor grudges that I notice right away and we will get used to them. Minor. There is more tech in the CRV as well. The seats are way more comfortable in the CRV.
IMG_2922.jpg

pics for clicks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you post more pictures of the 3M paint protection , i am planning to getting it applied in mine on friday. mine also lunar silver so wanted to see how it looks.
Sure thing. Wife took it to work so it won't be til the end of the day though.
IMG_2918.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have owned both as well.

CR-V has more interior space (especially in the back seat), more toys & comfort features than the CX-5 (power liftgate, pano roof, heated rear seats, low speed cruise). Some of its gadgets are better built than the Mazda's (auto headlights actually work on the CR-V, the pano roof closes on its own without having to hold the switch to close it, stuff like that).

CX-5 is a more engaging drive; it feels more connected to the road and is more fun to throw in the corners. It has a smartly designed cargo space, with that ingenious 40/20/40 split rear seat and a truly magical cargo cover that opens automatically with the hatch. The CX-5 also has a Bose radio that sounds GOOD, as opposed to the CR-V's infotainment that sounds distorted and low quality.

Both use pretty much the same amount of gas to go around; The CX-5 is actually a bit less thirsty in the city.

Both are really good choices!

·
Registered
19 Posts
CR-V has more interior space (especially in the back seat),
So true. When we test drove the new 2017 cx5, they seemed the same. Then I installed our rear facing chicco car seat. We had to move the front seats up so far it was uncomfortable and I am only 5'6".
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Love the lunar silver -- I have it in the EX model with grey interior. Once the initial fascination wears off, you'll probably be like some of us: zoning in on other new CRVs riding down the road. As awesome as it is to drive, you don't get to see it in motion down the highway. It's like I have developed some sense of radar to see other models rolling along.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts