Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving my 2005 CR-V for nearly fourteen years, I finally upgraded to the 2019 CR-V EX. And I'm loving it. My wife and I are old and retired and don't
drive much, and that's the main reason for not upgrading sooner. Our 2005 only has 50K on it, has been maintained well, and I was able to hand this down to our daughter. Another reason is that I really like the body style of my 2005, and prefer it to the newer models. But I am enjoying all the technology the 2019 has to offer. It's almost overwhelming at first, but this is a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
My friend’s relative is a forester and he loves his Gen2. He puts ungodly amount of miles on it and most of it off pavement. Could never do it with any of the newer generations.

Reactions: moyer02

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
He does real logging road offroading. To anticipate your question: he does not want a real 4x4 because he can buy another car in a year with the fuel saved.

1) Ground clearance: Gen2 has less low dangling bits under the belly.
2) RT4WD - older type with minimal electronic interference. Gen3 one is more restrictive with fake Torsen action actually limiting power available for getting yourself out of difficult terrain.

The best of them all is the Gen1 CR-V and HR-V RT4WD. I have done some serious off-roading with my original HR-V and Gen3 or Gen4 do not come even remotely close to offroad performance of those. You could get stuck on a wet camping site with the newer ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts