Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to find a decent catalytic converter for my 1998 CRV ! Driving home last night check engine light came on. (Check) Ran the code P0420. I change the cat. about 8 months ago bought a cheapy. I have been reading on line, they recommend nothing but OEM which is around thousand bucks. Is there anything out there that will work, less expensive.

Thanks so much. H4F

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you replace your O2 sensors at same time ? If not, one of them could throw code. If so, are they Denso? Only the Denso ones seem to function properly from what I've read on the forum. I can't speak to which brand of cat converter would be best as an alternative to OEM one. There's a bolt on Walker that has good reviews on Amazon. I had a small exhaust shop weld on a universal Magnaflow, which also gets good marks on this forum. I also replaced the downstream O2 sensor. Only been 2 months, but all is well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good morning blumontag, yes I replace cat. up and downstream with Denso, both. I might try the walker they have been around forever ! Thanks so much H4F

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi MH, I had seen that before, if I working on cat. might as well try a new one, to stop the chances of getting nailed ! Thanks so much, H4F

1 - 5 of 5 Posts