Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
Most tables / charts you look at indicate a 215 on an 8" would be the minimum allowable width. This table indicates the ideal tire widths for an 8 would be 225 or 235 (and max being 245). My guess would be that they might look a tiny bit stretched.

Not sure about those rims though, Will they fit?

Cheers

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moving to Tire section. Folks, please do yourself and all of us a huge favor. Go to your Account Settings/Signature, and add information similar to what you can see in mine, as you can see at the bottom of my post. Please add your location - it can be your country, state, city, or all, and your vehicle description, including year, trim level, etc. You can look around at how others have done and you have up to four lines to add info for one or more vehicles. Once done and saved, this will then appear on very post, and no one will ever again need to ask basic questions to assist when you have an issue. If we can get everyone on this wagon it will be brilliant! Thanks.

·
Read Only
01 Honda CR-V EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most tables / charts you look at indicate a 215 on an 8" would be the minimum allowable width. This table indicates the ideal tire widths for an 8 would be 225 or 235 (and max being 245). My guess would be that they might look a tiny bit stretched.

Not sure about those rims though, Will they fit?

Cheers
Hmm, ok. I was trying to find one of those charts but I couldn’t so thanks. Eventually i’m going to buy some Aerogenics Lift Spacers, I was looking at a section of their website showing examples of people’s CR-V’s and listing their tire size, rim size, and spacer size. Nothing looked stretched to me and it seems to be a common tire/wheel size combo, but I ask here because you all know much more than me.

take a look: 1997-01 Lifted CR-V Examples

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
Hmm, ok. I was trying to find one of those charts but I couldn’t so thanks. Eventually i’m going to buy some Aerogenics Lift Spacers, I was looking at a section of their website showing examples of people’s CR-V’s and listing their tire size, rim size, and spacer size. Nothing looked stretched to me and it seems to be a common tire/wheel size combo, but I ask here because you all know much more than me.

take a look: 1997-01 Lifted CR-V Examples
I agree, those tires don't look stretched. Probably the biggest reason for that would be the large sidewall / profile. With that much tire, they are going to kind of 'push out' unless u put like a million psi in them! Haha.

Cheers, put up some pics when yer done.

·
Read Only
01 Honda CR-V EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, those tires don't look stretched. Probably the biggest reason for that would be the large sidewall / profile. With that much tire, they are going to kind of 'push out' unless u put like a million psi in them! Haha.

Cheers, put up some pics when yer done.
Definitely will! Thank you for the help and second opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts