Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all CRV owners,

Been a huge reader of this website for about 6 years now. I was able to acquire a 1997 Honda CRV with 120K on it back in 2010. Now its up to 166K and I am finally doing some upgrades that I have wanted for awhile. First step was a Maaco paint job. I know, I know. However, with 90's Hondas, that red paint did not hold up in the sun of Florida or Southern California. So that being said, I decided to go with an economical job other than sanding and rolling on paint myself. I did change colors to one I enjoy and now I get to still see that awesome red color in my door jambs!

Next step is an OME suspension upgrade with Yokohama 225/70/r15 tires. Sad my 97 has the older underpowered engine and its automatic but hey, this is all for fun anyway. I will attempt to get some before and after pictures up shortly.

Look forward to finally being able to comment and chat on this website. I have used it many of times for troubleshooting and general knowledge.

~inclover13

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright. So here are some photos of my CRV before and after the Maaco paint job. Decided I wanted a color I like rather than the blaring factory red. Hey though, I still get to see that awesome red in the door jambs! I wasn't going to pay double the price to get the jambs done. I also installed new headlights purchased from eBay for $63. Better than paying $75 for restoration of just one, or buying a crappy restoration product that doesn't work. Install took 30 min. I also hit it with some back to black to give the plastic moldings a little love. Looks ten times better.
IMG_3256.jpg
As you can see there is major deterioration and oxidation of the hood and roof. Plus one half the vehicle was almost pink from sun fade.
IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

The Yokohama Geolander ATs got here today. The 225/70/r15s look huge compared to the 205/65/r15s on there currently. I should have the new suspension and tires on in the next couple of weeks.

~inclover13

·
Registered
547 Posts
WOW!! That is the same vehicle?

Amazing! 166 miles on a 1997, you did really well! My 2007 CR-V is almost at 100,000 miles.

Really nice looking CR-V, welcome to the club.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts