Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my first gen V. It's been in the family since pretty much new. My brother beat the s**t out of it a bit. His dog ate the seats and he didn’t change the oil for about 35k km. I've taken better care of it. 205,000 km's on it now.

Here's the question. I see somebody parting out a V with about 250k km's. I'm sure they want it gone and the wrecker will give next to nothing. They probably would give up a lot of parts for cheap. I'm wondering what parts would be good to keep on hand. In particular I'm wondering if it's worth it to acquire the cylinder head in case I ever burn a valve. Hard to do? Waste of time? Thoughts? The donor car was wrecked in a collision, so goo engine I presume.

Another thought: can you put a different head with the B20Z engine to get say turbo or more performance?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,614 Posts
I'd keep a dizzy, they have been known to require replacement.

On your own V, I'd do a compression and leakdown test. If all is good (and valve clearances have been checked regularly) I'd let the cylinder head on the parts car pass.

I think there were differences in the 97 - 99 VS 2000 - 2001Vs, the power was increased for sure. You don't state the year of the parts car or your own.

Ultimately, it's up to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts