Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Michigan !

I recently picked up a 2000 Honda CRV with 150k miles so that I could garage my 2003 STi Wagon over winter and get it ready for Time Attack in the spring.

I really like the car as its the complete opposite of my Subaru , Its reliable , great on gas and very comfortable !

I just added new tires , Checked the brakes and inspected the entire car. Getting a set of snow tires for winter and then it should be ready for anything our Michigan winter throws at us.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Ive had both a 1st and 2nd gen. Personally prefer the 1st gen.

Just make sure to do a valve adjustment and the other maintenance and it should be good to go for a long time.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had both a 1st and 2nd gen. Personally prefer the 1st gen.

Just make sure to do a valve adjustment and the other maintenance and it should be good to go for a long time.

Welcome to the forum.
Yep that is the idea , I maintain all my cars with either Redline , Motul or Castrol fluids so the car will live a good life.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Gigs, welcome to the forum. Gen 1's are a good little ride. Just in the last few days I've noticed new members signing on with Gen 1's. Like OP stated, follow maintenance schedule and your good to go. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Woodstock Canada...CR-V newbie here. I have a 2000. Don't know the various generations of this car...would someone please enlighten me? thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Hello from Woodstock Canada...CR-V newbie here. I have a 2000. Don't know the various generations of this car...would someone please enlighten me? thanks a bunch!
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! The one you have is the 1st generation. I believe they 1st came out in 1997. If you need a repair manual I can point you in the right direction. I would also suggest to have it rustproofed before the winter comes. Let me know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I recently joined as well, I just picked up a 2000 CRV too. It's going to be my daily, we don't get winters like up north here in FL, so I don't have to worry about that lol.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as for generation concern, go to FORUM icon close to top of home page, click and scroll down for definition. Good luck, jump in often.
David g.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts